six ✿

contentment. it only lasts so
long. but you don't realize
when it runs out—it kind
of just hits you. like a train,
if i'm being honest.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Five days later and Mia hadn't seen Aaron since the party. It wasn't because they were avoiding each other, but as expected, life got in the way.

Although Mia was usually at home with Luca and sometimes her father, Aaron had cases to work and paperwork to fill out. He was a busy man and trying to make time for everyone in his life was difficult.

He almost always spent late nights at the office doing paperwork, but tonight, he had finished early to his surprise. And he knew just what to do as he walked out of the BAU.

"Haley, I'm working late tonight, I'm not sure what time I'll be home." He left a voicemail on her phone as she wasn't answering before peeking into David's office.

He first saw David at his desk, pouring over his paperwork and then saw the stacks of folders lying around him and figured that he'd be there for a few hours.

And so Aaron left, buttoning up his coat and carrying his briefcase in one hand and holding his phone in the other. He dialed a number he had unconsciously memorized over the last few days.

"Mia." He smiled as soon as she answered the call. "Luca home?"

"He's making tea of all things." Mia laughed. "Why?"

"I'm assuming your fluffy handcuffs are still where I found them?"

Mia blushed, flicking her eyes over to her bedside table from where she was lying on her bed. "You assume correctly."

"I'll be there in twenty." Aaron told her and put the phone down.

While he was on the road, Mia was racing around her room. She tidied up what little mess there was, took a quick shower and spent the most amount of time deciding what to wear.

Eventually she settled on something she thought Aaron would appreciate. She slipped on a silk robe over it and put her bedroom slippers on and walked slowly down the staircase, taking in the home she used to spend all her time in when she was younger.

She was drawn out of her thoughts by a knock at the door. Aaron refrained from using the doorbell to defer any unwanted attention. Mia carried on with her walk to the front door and opened it with a smile on her face.

Aaron took one split second glance at her and reached his hand out and wrapped it around her neck, pushing her back as he stepped inside.

"The things I'm going to do to you." He breathed out as his thumb ran lightly over her bottom lip, tugging it down gently.