five

we were content with that
for a long time—you pressing
me up against the bookshelves,
kissing me like it was our last
day on this godforsaken earth.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I'm going to kill you." Luca hissed as he entered the kitchen and saw Mia.

Mia shook her head, "Well, good morning to you too Luc."

"I had to sneak your little boyfriend out after your dad woke up to get some water. I am not doing that again Mia." Luca enunciated almost every syllable like the drama queen he is.

"Wait really?"

Luca nodded. "I hope it was worth it. And by the looks of it," he scanned her up and down. "It was."

Mia blushed as she hid her hands behind her back. "Shut up. What's for breakfast?"

"Air. I'm not cooking anything." Luca said stubbornly.

"Well then you don't have to eat anything." Mia rolled her eyes.

Luca watched as she grabbed an assortment of fruit from the fruit basket and washed them before she started cutting them up.

She looked up and saw him watching her cut the fruit and smiled. "You want some?"

Luca nodded in almost a shy manner and Mia laughed and started cutting up fruit for him.

"Here you go." She placed the bowl of fruit in front of him and took a seat.

They ate in silence. Mia was exhausted from the night before and her legs were uncomfortably sore. Luca was as energetic as ever and must have mentioned the weather about ten times before Mia asked him whether he wanted to swim.

"Yes I want to swim." Luca said excitedly and started walking towards the pool. "You coming?"

Mia shook her head. "I don't feel so good today."

"You okay?" Luca stopped in his tracks and sent a worried look her way.

Mia nodded. "I'm a little sore from, well you know. And it's that time of the month around now I guess."

"You have you period?" Luca asked.

She shook her head, "No, but I'm supposed to get it tomorrow."

Luca sighed. "It's that time of the month when I turn into a human hot water bottle again."

Mia laughed as Luca led her outside. "Exactly."

They sat down on the couch outside and Mia cuddled into Luca's side, still feeling tired from the night before.

"Well I'm sorry. You need anything?"