eight

in learning your favorite colour
and your favorite food and your
favorite song, i know it's not all
the physical things that made me
fall for you. no, it was so much
more than that.

 no, it was so muchmore than that

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"You and Luca came home late last night." David didn't look up from his work when he heard his daughter walk into his office.

Mia nodded, "Yeah, we visited some friends and things ran longer than expected."

David nodded slowly. "Sure."

"You busy?" Mia asked as she fell onto the sofa in his office.

"We got a case. We head out in an hour so I'm just going over the file." He muttered.

"Oh I wanna see." Mia bounced off the couch and rounded her fathers desk so she was standing next to him. "What's the case?"

"I'm not exactly supposed to be sharing this with you since it is an ongoing case." He told her.

Mia gave him the same puppy eyes she used to use on him so often as a child and he sighed.

"Fine. Three victims over a period of two months. The first victim was strangled to death and then stabbed post-mortem in both knees. The second was also strangled to death and stabbed in the back, post-mortem. Third same MO but was stabbed once in the neck." He showed her the crime scene pictures rather reluctantly.

Mia nodded, "Do you have the autopsy report?"

Rossi shook his head, "No. I think there's some copies at the office but—"

"Great, let's go." She tugged his sleeve.

"What?" David dropped the file out of his hands.

"Dad, I'm a doctor. I want to look at the reports because they might tell me something you might have missed." David sent her a look. "In the nicest way possible." She offered him a huge smile.

They had a little staring contest before Rossi gave up. "Fine. I have to be at the air strip in half an hour. You can stay until then."

"Yes!" Mia punched her fist in the air. "Let's go!" She said excitedly and ran out the office.

Her father trailed after her with an amused look on his face. He got his coat from the mud room and his shoes and found Mia already in the drivers seat of his car. She started the car as soon as he got inside and stared reversing before he had even closed his door.

"Mia, mio dio! Take it easy." David chuckled as he strapped himself in with the seatbelt.

Mia grinned as she wove through the streets of Quantico, driving ten above the speed limit and scaring Rossi after ever sharp turn that she took.