eleven

so, i am not falling in love
with you. i have already fallen
for you. and it scares the ever
loving shit out of me to tell you that.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Mia?" Rossi sat up in his bed. "What's wrong? Where are you?"

He had discovered his daughter gone half an hour after she'd left, and while she was her own person now and could come and go as she pleases, he would've liked it if she at least told him that she was out somewhere.

"Could you please come get me?" She tried to hold back her sobs, but she wasn't doing a very good job of it.

Rossi nodded, "Of course. Where are you?"

Mia told him the address for the hotel and Rossi wondered why on Earth she would be there, but decided not to question it before he changed and left. The drive over to that hotel was relatively short and when he pulled up, he saw the familiar figure of his daughter standing in the lobby. He parked outside and ran inside, seeing the streaks of tears rush down her face, her eyes never stopping that flow of tears.

"Oh bellissima." He pulled her to him and hugged her. "Why are you here? Why are you crying?" He asked softly as he took out his handkerchief and dabbed her tears away.

Mia sobbed and buried her face in his chest and Rossi shushed her and rubbed her back soothingly as they started walking to the cry.

"Okay, but you're going to have to tell me in the car." He told her.

She nodded and he opened the passenger door for her, making sure she was safely in the car before he went to sit in the drivers seat. Once his door was closed, he turned to her, waiting for an explanation. She calmed herself down and used his handkerchief to dab away her remaining tears before she took a deep breath.

It was time she told her dad. And truthfully, she didn't know how he was going to react.

"Um, two months ago, I kind of set my sights on someone." She started. "At first it was more because I was teasing Luca about this one girl and he brought it up, but then this guy, he reciprocated those feelings."

"Is he up there?" Rossi asked, looking back at the hotel from his window.

"Yeah." She nodded. "Could you save commentary for the end. I might not finish if you don't." She smiled and he smiled back before nodding. "I wasn't infatuated with him at first, to be completely blunt, I just found him attractive. I mean usually people don't really act on that attraction, but we seem to have had a mutual one."

Rossi already had his suspicions about his daughter, but decided to let her explain it first before he asked her.

"So we did. We started sleeping together." Mia thought it would be weird admitting that to her dad, but he'd always made her feel as comfortable as possible with him, so it wasn't. "And it was fine for a while. We set some ground rules, one of them being to never fall in love with the other. And well, he broke that."