ten ✿

did you know that falling in
love is so arbitrarily metaphorical?
it's a feeling. i often wonder
how a feeling can dominate our lives
so completely—yet i know that
it already has in mine.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

The jet ride back was quiet. Everyone was exhausted from that case, which led to most of the team falling asleep.

Soon enough, Aaron was the only one awake, as he so often was, and going through the paperwork for their most recent case. Strauss had faxed them over to the police station as soon as she heard the case was closed, which meant the team wouldn't even get a break before they had to do that paperwork.

He looked up and his gaze softened as it landed on Mia, who was sound asleep. She had been acting a little off, he thought it was the pressure of the case at first, but when she didn't even spare him a glance when she was with walking up to the jet, he realized something was wrong.

He had wracked his brain trying to figure out what, but to no avail. Just as he was about to go back to his paperwork, he watched as her eyes fluttered open and she let out a little yawn before quietly staining up and walking to the bathroom.

He watched her for a minute. Just before she entered the bathroom, she looked back at him and met his eyes before disappearing from his sight. Aaron made sure no one had stirred from their sleep before he too stood up and walked over to the bathroom. He looked down and saw that the door was unlocked and opened it and stepped inside, coming face to face with Mia. She watched as he locked the door and sighed, leaning against the opposite wall to the door.

"Penelope knows, about us." She whispered.

Aaron furrowed his brows.

"She hacked into the elevator cameras at the hotel."

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I keep telling her to stop doing that."

Mia giggled softly and Aaron couldn't help but smile.

"Now," he grabbed her waist with both hands, pulling her towards him. "Are you going to tell me why you've been acting so weird ever since we got back from making the arrest?"

Mia shrugged. "When Penelope called me, she said some things that just...distracted me."

"Are you still thinking about it?" Aaron asked.

Mia shook her head. Any of her previous thoughts about her and Aaron and Haley had been dispelled when she sat down and rationalized. Her and Aaron were just having sex. I mean sure, there was now a level of care they displayed for each other, but that was inevitable.

"Well then, perhaps I can distract you with something else." He whispered, trailing his hands down the side of her hips and to her ass.

Mia blushed as he backed her into the counter, right next to the sink and kissed her neck gently, sensually. He carried on down her jaw all the while his hands moved to the front of her jeans, swiftly unbuttoning them and pulling the zip down. He pulled away from the hickey he had left on her neck and pushed her jeans down, feeling her soft hands over his as she helped him.