Charlotte V

Hanging up with the relator for the Hiddenville property after finally successfully closing on the house Charlotte allowed herself to relax in the kitchen. She was happy that they had made a decision on a property so that they could get moving on the emancipation process. While her parents weren't bad it was super important to get Henry, Piper and Jasper away from their toxic parents as soon as possible. At least they were progressing through their to do list.

Pressing the tattoo behind her ear, Charlotte allowed the familiar lines of code flow in front of her eyes. The money they were funneling from Ray as compensation for years of crime fighting and countless injuries was slowly compiling in the account she had set up for the team. The online ad she had Jasper design announcing a sale at Junk and Stuff had gotten a lot of traffic. They would need to go in and open the store for real today. Henry had the genius idea to actually sell the stuff in store. He had asked "why did Junk and Stuff actually have to be a fake store?". Between the three of them they had enough manpower to operate the store. If this went well then maybe they would start buying stuff to resell and speed up their profits!

Looking at Mia asleep on the couch Charlotte wondered how they could explain away the 4th member of Team Danger to Ray and Schwoz. The fit that Ray threw over Jasper finding out would seem like nothing if Ray met Mia. Char knew that Jasper, like her, didn't want Piper to feel put out in her own home. At least with Charlotte and Jasper she had known them for years, it wasn't like there was a complete stranger crashing into her life. Piper needed some sense of balance and normalcy which was not being provided by neglectful her parents.

The sound of the door closing brought Charlotte out of her dark thoughts. Tapping her tattoo again she closed out of her code and turned to face her best friend. Henry was weighed down by several grocery bags, having made a run to the supermarket upon finding that the fridge and most of the cabinets to be empty of edible foods. She quickly rushed over to help him unload the bags and put the items away. "We are going to have to go into work later today, the ad I had Jasper post is doing well. I think anything we make selling the junk is fair game to put towards the fixer upper in Hiddenville. Jasper should be home from checking on Junk n Stuff any minute". As if summoned by her comment her boyfriend entered the room.

"Hey guys! The shop is all set up for the sale to start tomorrow. Did we decide what to do about the renovations for the Hiddenville property?"

Looking up from his laptop thoughtfully Henry commented "As much as I would like to be there to renovate it ourselves. It isn't plausible to believe we will have enough time. Between school, filing for emancipation, working at Junk n Stuff, Team Danger fights and Piper. Well... we just can't be in Hiddenville enough. We would essentially need to move there to build the Danger Zone, tunnels and tube systems we need even if the public house part was up and running, which it isn't. I guess we are going to have to put off renovations for another 6 months to a year". While Henry was speaking Charlotte watched Mia, who had been woken by Jasper's arrival get up off the couch and move to the coffee maker.

"I can do it-" she interjected. Taking a sip from her freshly brewed cup she joined the three other members at the kitchen table.

"Do what?" asked Jasper confused by her declaration.

"Move to Hiddenville" she shrugged "I don't have any roots right now and I'm not exactly looking to relive these years the way I did originally. It only makes sense that I am the one to get started on our Hiddenville Base".

"While those are all true facts" Charlotte had to admit, "We don't want to put the entire burden of building the Danger Zone on you". She turned to the others for support.

Jasper was quick to back her up. "Yeah, Mia. It's going to take a lot of work. Plus the house itself isn't livable as is".

"Well that is just another reason why I should be the one to go. I have my RV. And it's not like it's going to be just me working on the house. We are going to hire contractors to do most of the work. I'm just there to oversee and make sure everything stays on track. Come on Hen you know I'm right. If we don't start for a year, it'll be another year at least before it's done and that would be a year of renting hotel rooms to stay in".

Henry had mixed expressions on his face. Charlotte could understand why he was conflicted. They didn't really want Mia to be so far away as they wouldn't be able to help her out, but she had some good arguments. "I guess it does make the most sense for her go on ahead", as Jasper looked about to protest, he added "As long as you know we will be coming out on weekends to help you. And you call us at the first sign of ANY trouble".

"Of course! I wouldn't expect anything else". With the plan agreed upon the group spent the rest of the day catching up and watching movies. Before the original three Team Danger members went in to work.