Amelia VII

Evie's Notes: Anything in Bold is a text message! Hope y'all enjoy!

------------------------------------------------

The first day of school dawned bright and early in the city of Hiddenville. Amelia was nervous but excited knowing that she already had friends to hang out with at lunch. Putting out food for the stray Thomas and her cat Duchess, Mia hopped in her car and headed to the high school.

Walking through the front doors she could see Max and his band gathered by their lockers. Adjusting her bag she walked over to the group. "Hey guys! First day of senior year! Excited?"

"No way Mia!" disagreed Gideon, "I needed another couple weeks of summer".

"Yeah, I was not ready to switch my swimsuits for textbooks yet" added Oyster.

"You are literally wearing swim trunks right now" laughed Mia.

"Yes well, they are comfortable"

"You bet they are bro!" agreed Max holding his hand up for a high-five.

"Well I'm apparently supposed to go to the front office before my first class".

"I'll walk you there, it's on my way to AP Chem" offered Max shutting his locker. "We'll catch up with you guys at lunch".

Following Max, Amelia made sure to commit to memory the different turns they took to get to the office. It wouldn't do any good for her to not be able to get back once she was done.

"What do you need in the office?"

"They said I have to meet with the Principal to get one of my classes approved and pick up my updated class schedule".

"Ah, well be careful with Bradford. He can be a bit of a pill so just don't take anything he says seriously".

"Thanks for the advice, I'll try to keep that in mind"

"Good, well this is the main office, so I'll leave you here. Remember we are meeting at the picnic tables under the palm trees for lunch today if you want to join us".

"Sounds awesome! Have a great first day Max and thanks for the help" waving goodbye Mia made her way over to the receptionist. "Excuse me sir, I'm here to meet with Dr. Bradford".

The apathetic look that the man shot her put Mia on edge, "Name?".

"Uh, Amelia Jones. I'm new this year".

"Take a seat and I will let him know you are here".

While she waited Mia checked her phone and found first day messages from the rest of her team.