Amelia XIV

Evie's Notes: Hope you enjoy the new chapter! Let me know your favorite part in the comments!

Chapter Warning: there is a brief mention of past abuse, kidnapping and trauma in this chapter. It occurs when Amelia is thinking about her past. If you want to skip over it, don't read the section when Mia is on the phone with Charlotte.

--------

Mia and the band were once again chilling at Max's house after school. The group had tried rehearsing at Gideon's place, but apparently their playing was too loud and disrupted Grandpa Giddy's poker game. The boys were valiantly trying to struggle on and keep the band alive, but what they really needed was a drummer. Mia had suggested that the group hold auditions at school, but Max had said that he would handle it... whatever that meant.

The loud rumbling of Oyster's stomach brought the impromptu jam session to an end. Amelia sat up from where she had been lying on Max's bed asking "Do you have any Iced Tea? I would kill for a sweet tea about now".

"Me too! And some chips... Snack break?" suggested Gideon.

"Sure, plus side to playing at the house is not having to pay for food" joked Max leading them out of his lair.

The quartet quickly gathered various snacks and drinks from the kitchen before heading towards the couch in the living room. Unfortunately, Phoebe and her friends entered the house at the same moment talking about the movie they were planning to watch. Mia let out an internal annoyed sigh. The thunder twins were far two opposed at the moment to spend any time together. Mia liked them both and enjoyed hanging out with Phoebe's friends. She knew that Oyster and Gideon felt the same way, but like her their loyalty was to Max first. Amelia just wished that they could just all hang out together without the twins constantly sniping at each other, even if it was kind of funny when they fought.

"What are you doing here" sneered Max.

"We're going to watch a movie" replied Phoebe slowly making her way towards the couch.

"Not on that couch!" yelled Max. "Oyster, Gideon! Launch Mode!"

"What's launch mode?" asked Mia confused before letting out a little shriek as her three boys picked her up and tossed her onto the couch.

"looks like you girls are gonna have to watch TV somewhere else" taunted Max, swaggering over to his sister's posse.

"Oh please, like that's gonna stop us" scoffed Cherry, "Amelia is totally on our team".

"In what universe?" shot back Oyster "Mia is ours".

"Well, I think that Mia can speak for herself" cut in Amelia huffily sitting up. "And sorry girls, but I'm with the boys on this one, we were here first so we get the TV".

"Well, you four might have the couch, but we have the remote" argued Phoebe waving the remote in Max's face before turning on the TV set.

Kelsey and Cherry joined Mia, Gideon and Oyster on the couch rolling their eyes fondly as the twins bickered in the background. Mia offered Cherry some of her popcorn as the group watched the trailer for Zombie Rain.

"Keep the remote. We're out of here. My friends do not want to hang out with your friends. Let's bounce guys" snapped Max.

"Shhhh" hushed the group on the couch.

"From the makers of 'Werewolf Hurricane' and 'Vampire Twister' comes a supernatural storm that no one could forecast, Zombie Rain 3-D!" rang the trailer.

"I so want to see that" declared Gideon.

"Me too!" agreed Cherry.

"I guess it couldn't be worse than 'Vampire Twister'" sighed Mia. "I'm in. Maybe we can all get tickets for tonight!".