Henry XVII

Summary: Henry visits Amelia and the trio celebrate halloween 🎃

Evie's Notes: Hey... I know it's been a long time and I'm sorry. Life has been crazy and I lost inspiration for a while. Enjoy the update!

----------------------------

Henry laughed as Mia told him all about the goofy hijinks she and the band had been getting up to in Hiddenville. He was so happy that his friend was settling into the new city well. He couldn't help but feel kind of bad about sending her off on her own, but he was glad it seemed to be working out so far. It also helped that he was now driving to Hidenville once a week with Piper for her therapy sessions so he would be able to check up on Mia then.

The structural renovations on the new Team Danger house were finally complete after 3 and a half months of hard work. Using Charlotte's budgeting and tech skills, the group had been able to expedite the work done by the contractors with the promise of extra money.

Mia had reached out to the Hero League in disguise and asked for a representative to handle the building of the Danger Zone under the house as well as tubes into the city. The group had been slightly worried that the Hero League would ask questions about a new superhero appearing in a town already overseen by the Thundermans, but in the end they didn't need to worry. The complicated bureaucracy of the Hero League meant that her request went largely unnoticed and unremarked upon. Her new connections to the league simply assumed she was an approved supe, or else how would she know about the league's existence? Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, Amelia had gratefully accepted their obliviousness and ordered the parts needed for the Danger Zone.

The Danger Zone was still very bare at the moment. The large main room was lined in roughly hewn limestone pieces to protect against radiation and enemy cyber attacks. The goal was to eventually have a full command center in there with a variety of screens, tables, work out equipment and the Tube entrance. At the moment though, it simply held a Costco folding table, a chair and Mia's superhero computer. Other rooms branching off from the center included a space for Jasper's spell casting supplies, a large safe, a room dedicated to storing and repairing uniforms, a weapons cleaning room, an infirmary, as well as a full bathroom for cleaning up after a battle. The team had put together a list of items they wanted in their Crime Fighting Zone and planned to have them delivered over the next couple months.

"Do you have any plans for Halloween next week?" asked Henry, dipping his paint roller in the tray before skillfully painting the wall of their future kitchen. Mia had taped everything off before he had arrived, so the pair had set straight to work painting while Piper was in her appointment.

"I'll probably just hang out with Max and the guys" shrugged Mia, as she carefully painted the trim on one of the windows. "Oh?" asked Henry a smirk crawling across his face. The three Swellview teens had noticed recently that whenever Mia spoke of her friends it was always 'Max and the band, or Max and the guys or Max and the girls'. The three were certain their friend was developing a crush on the superpowered teen.

"Yeah, I figure the band will probably want to go out to splatburger or hang at Giddy's. It'll be fun, but I'll be missing you guys".

"I know, we'll be missing you too" admitted Henry. "It sucks having you be so far away".

"At least it won't be for much longer" shrugged Mia halfheartedly, her purple and blonde hair slowly falling out of the claw clip she had pinned it up in before starting to paint.

"That's the spirit! The summer will be here before you know it and then you'll be back to being stuck with us full time"

"Oh the horror" teased Mia, pretending to faint in fear only to get white paint all over her pink overalls.