Amelia IX

It didn't take long after the school year began for Amelia to be officially introduced to Phoebe. Well, it was less of an introduction and more of an interrogation. Max and the band had invited Mia over to see them jam. Seizing the chance to hang out with her new friends outside of school Mia happily agreed.

The boys were rocking out in Max's room/lair when Mia's phone went off playing, "I Need a Hero". Realizing that was Henry's ringtone, Amelia grabbed her phone, muttered a few excuses and hurried back upstairs. Looking around the Thunderman's living room she found it to be empty, which was great given that it was pouring down rain outside. With the coast clear she answered the call.

"What's up Hen?" she greeted preparing herself for bad news.

"Mia! You'll never believe what happened" her friend and crime fighting partner sang.

"Henry what's going on?" she giggled confused.

"Frankini cursed the town and now we have to song battle him. I would prefer to not have to drag Piper into this... So will you come sing with us?" sang Henry off key.

"Sure I'll come sing with you" she sang back. "When do you need me there?".

"Tomorrow evening".

"Awesome! I'll be there after lunch tomorrow Kid Danger. See you soon!" shutting her phone Mia started to plan her trip back to Swellview. Maybe she should ask Gideon to feed Duchess and Thomas, she really didn't want to deal with the animals while song battling a crazy villain.

Turning around Amelia jumped seeing Phoebe studying her with a harsh look. "Who are you? Why are you in my house and how do you know Kid Danger?"

"Uhhh..." shit! What was her cover? He wasn't supposed to call her as Kid Danger! "I'm Amelia and you must be Phoebe! I'm friends with your brother and he invited me over to watch the band practice. As for how I know Kid Danger, well I'm from Swellview. And since Kid Danger is the official vigilante of Swellview..."

"I thought Captain Man was?"

"Well that's a matter of opinion. If you ask the Gen Z residents, we prefer to not associate with the old backwards vigilante. Having said that though, Captain Man is still on the payroll as the head vigilante".

"Why do you say vigilante instead of hero? You sounded pretty civil with Kid Danger on the phone, so why not call him a hero instead of a criminal?"

"First of all can we sit down?" asked Mia gesturing to the sofa. Once the pair were comfortable, she continued "I say vigilante since our superpowered fighters aren't overseen by the Hero League, which has advantages and disadvantages of course. They are people who have taken the law into their own hands, choose what cases they want to handle and have very little oversight. It goes to show the power of public opinion that has led to the pair being treated as heroes rather than criminals" explained Mia.

"You don't seem to be a fan of vigilantes, Amelia. So why are you agreeing to help one?" questioned Phoebe.