19- You & me at the end of the world

Cold.

That's all that Adora felt when she woke up the next morning. She had hoped everything that happened was a dream, instinctively reaching out toward Catra only to find no one there.

She felt empty.

But she couldn't be selfish now. Today she has a mission, the sole purpose of everything. The whole reason this all happened in the first place.

She looked down, the glowing symbol on her chest reflecting off her dulled blue eyes. Running a hand through her messy hair and ignoring the bags under her eyes, she brought her hair to it's usual ponytail. Standing up and taking a deep breath, she quickly put on a determined smile.

Etheria needs her now.

She walked out of the tent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Adora's POV:

I looked around the hideout, everyone was rushing to get the supplies we needed ready. We couldn't waste any more time.

My eyes landed on Spinnerella and they widened, as I quickly walked over to her.

"Hey, are you doing alright?" I asked her, when her eyes met mine, now completely back to normal, she smiled and nodded.

"Entrapta got the chip off last night, I honestly just needed some more rest but now I'm good to go! I want to help... It's the least I can do to make up for everything."

I shook my head.

"You were chipped, it's not your fault."

She looked at me, her expression serious.

"I want to."

I hummed, looking at her for a second before looking around a spotting Netossa, who was speaking to Entrapta. I looked back over toward her.

"Alright, but it still isn't your fault."

She smiled again albeit sadly, nodding.

"Adoraaa!" I shifted my gaze to Entrapta, who was waving at me and ushering me over.

Saying goodbye to Spinnerella, I walked toward Entrapta who seemed to bouncing up and down in place, her face filled with pure excitement.

"Adoraaaa! I found something!"

I looked at Entrapta, eyebrows raised in slight confusion and then drifted my gaze toward Netossa.

"She was just telling me about it, it's the perfect plan to finally stop Prime once and for all."  She said, a confident smile on her face as she placed one of her hands on her hip.

"What's the plan?" I asked, now interested.

Entrapta seemed to jump in place even more now, arms shaking up and down as her eyes widened with excitement. For a moment, I was afraid she would suddenly explode.

Thankfully she didn't, instead simply grabbing my arm and leading me toward the corner where she had all of her gear set up, completely up and running.

"Just- Just look!" She said simply, gesturing to the screen on one of her machines. The image there foreign to me yet somehow feeling familiar.

"What is that...?" I said slowly, Entrapta seemed a bit frustrated I didn't get it right away.

"I was sure you would've recognized it right away... Do you need a closer look? Here!" She used her hair to grab my face as I stifled a yelp and pushed me closer to the screen.

"Entrapta- I still don't know what this is." I said, my words slightly muffled because her hair was somehow squishing my cheeks.

"It's the Hive Mind, Adora! Remember how earlier in Prime's ship I managed to hack inside of it?" She explained, as I nodded the best that i could while being engulfed in purple hair.