Chapter Five

I sat on the ground of the dojo doing homework as I looked over ever so often to see what dad students were doing. My dad had very weird methods of teaching but it seemed to be working so far.

"Holy shit. we got a room full of flinchers." My dad said making me look up.

"Yes sensei!"

"That was not a question!" He yelled back, "raise your hand if you've never been punched in the face." Subconsciously I rubbed my nose that had never properly healed from the time kyler punched it after I had kicked his ass in a fight.

"Put your hands down. All your lives, you've been avoiding fights so you don't break your nose, loose a tooth, this concussion nonsense." Dad said, "so there's only one solution, and tah to before you leave this dojo each and every one of you is gonna take a punch, very hard, to the face." He turned to me and raised his eyebrows. "Sometimes that punch is going to be by someone not in this class. Not a karate student, just a class A bully. Ms. Robinson, Ms. Lawrence, line em up. Unflinch this group."

I pushed my self of the ground, "do I get to punch you too?" I asked my dad

"Make enough kids bleed and I'll think about it." He said back patting my shoulder.

I stood infront of Miguel and smiled at him sweetly, "oh you don't need to do me, I've gotten hit in the face before."

"I know you put your feet in my algebra seat when I was gone last week." I said glaring at the boy lightly before raising my fist back and hitting his face. He stumbled back lightly before grabbing his nose, "ow!" He said.
"Maybe I should join karate." I smiled walking to the person behind Miguel.

"Hi, sorry." I said before doing the Same thing. After a few more people Aisha came over and hit my shoulder lightly, "Do you want hawk, or want me to do it?" She asked.

"I'll do it. Just take the rest, my hand hurts like shit." I mumbled shaking my numb hand.

I walked up to Eli and smiled lightly, "hey loveee."

He put his arms behind his back and smiled, "hard as you got."

"Hard as I got?" I asked.

He nodded.

I pulled back my fist and hit Eli's face so hard it made him fall back to the ground. "Shit Eli." I mumbled pulling him up. "I'm fine. Just a tooth." He said wiping his face from any blood that may have been on it. I laughed lightly, my hands on his cheeks as I looked him over and I kissed him softly.

"I think I want to be punched by you more." He said. I rolled my eyes before slapping his shoulder. "That was a one time thing. It hurt me more than you."

"Sage!" My dad yelled and I turned to see him threw the office window waving me into his office. "Duty calls." I Said pulling away from Eli and walking into my dads office where Miguel had just left.

"What's up daddio." I said grabbing a piece of gum off of his desk that I had put there earlier today. "I saw your punch you did to hawk. That was badass." He said holding out his fist which I bumped with mine.

"Thanks. I got into a lot of fights freshman year." I said shrugging.

"I want you to join the team." He said. I scoffed and shook my head, "yeah no."