Chapter Eight

I laid asleep on the couch, my arm slung over the side, my leg up on the back, and my mouth was open.

A banging on the window sent me flying up looking out the window. Eli stood there laughing and I rolled my eyes, grabbing my glasses off the coffee table and walking to do the door.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked closing the door behind me.

"You have glasses?" He asked kissing me a good morning. I hummed in response, "I'm blind eels."

"It's hawk babe." He said. I raised my eyebrows at him slightly, "your buddy's aren't around."

"Yeah but I like hawk. Eli's gone ya know?" He said. I rolled my eyes, "I'm going back to bed." I mumbled opening up the door. He grabbed my wrist and said "wait." I turned around and looked at him.

My hand went to my side as I grimaced alittle bit pressing on the pain.

"You okay?" Eli asked concerned. I nodded closing my eyes in pain, "probably just slept wrong. What did you want hawk?"

"I hear how your saying it and I don't like it." He mumbled, "I came to take you to lunch. But obviously you don't feel well so how about you just come to my house? We'll watch a movie."

I smiled, "I can get behind that. Let me brush my teeth."

"Bring one for my house. Maybe some clothes too. You can spend the night.. if you want." He said playing with his sleeves of his shirt just like he use to do.

I smiled brightly, "okay Eli."

He smiled at me before leaning against the wall as I closed the door and grabbed my backpack putting my toothbrush after I used It and clothes and other things for school in the morning. I opened up my dad door to tell him bye but he was asleep, a beer can still in his hand. We had gotten into a fight last night about how I take his house for granted and his money. It seemed as I was handling it better than him.

I closed his door lightly and walked out of the apartment and Locked the door with my key. "Ready?" I asked

"Can I put my bike in your trunk?" He asked. I nodded and walked over to my car opening the back of it. Eli lifted it and shoved it in the back.

"When I get my moms car I'll be picking you up." He said as I started driving to his house.

"I don't think I trust you to drive me." I teased.

"Oh come on. I'll go the speed limit like you do grandma." I slapped his shoulder jokingly,

"What are you doing for your birthday this year?" He asked running his finger up and down my leg.

"Nothing." I said

"Nothing? You gotta do something."

"17 isn't a big year. Besides it's my first year without my mom and honestly I don't care about a party with you, Peteri and Mig. I can hang out with you guys all the time." I said turning onto his street.

"But you have your dad now."

"Dad Thinks my birthdays in October for some reason." I mumbled turning into his driveway. "I'm perfectly fine with you and me going to eat dinner somewhere like any other Day." I said smiling at him before kissing his lips softly.