Chapter Three

"This is your place?" I asked hesitantly holding a cardboard box in my arms of all my stuff.

"Yep." My dad said opening up the apartment door and letting me walk in. "It's not anything fancy."

"Awesome." I smiled looking at the small room.

"Really?" He asked.

"My aunts apartment had stupid live laugh love signs and a beach themed bathroom, anything's better than those." I said putting my box on the couch before sitting down on it.

"What's in this box it feels breakable." He said putting it down on the kitchen bar opening it up. "This is 4 bottles of whiskey and a pack of beer?"

"It's my aunts alcohol, thought you'd make some use out of it. Also that pack of beer only has one can in it." He held up the empty box tossing it onto the ground.

My dad same over and sat on the chair, "so um what do you like?"

"Reality TV, music, Oo those Geico commercials."

"Right? Like How do they get that lizard to talk." My dad said motioning to me. I mind wondered how I was related to him as I blinked slowly but eventually nodded, "yeah.. crazy."

"Did you go to the Halloween dance? Not to brag I picked out Miguel's costume." He said raising up his hands slightly.

"Oh Yeahh. I was Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. Miguel got beat up that night but I left before that." I mumbled the last part lightly out of gully. "I got a photo on my phone hold on." I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled threw my camera roll until I pulled up the photo from not too long ago. "Demetri games the weird witch thing. Miguel's your Skelton, Eli's the doctor and then I'm Lara." He grabbed my phone and started at it like old people do. He started swiping three my camera roll and I groaned reaching for my phone back, "come on dude you don't scroll threw someone's pictures." I snatched my phone back from him turning it off.

"You have a lot of photos of that one guy." He pointed out.

"Yeah? He's my friend. Friends take photos with each other." I said glaring at him.

"Your badass why go for the nerd?" I rolled my eyes at my dad. "Eli is not a nerd."

"Am I going to have to give this boy the dad talk?" He said. "Oh my gosh shut up!" I said, "I'm not telling my love life to a practical stranger."

"Fine I'll drop it." Dad said raising his arms in defense before dropping them. "Have you guys kissed?"

"Dad!"

"Come to practice with me today." My dad said as I was on the couch 'reading' one of his magazines. "Are you reading my magazines?" He asked. I nodded and flipped the page, "don't have them under your coffee table if you don't want me to read them. I suggest you move them before CPS comes."

I looked up at him, "no I won't go to your dojo." He groaned, "come on. You can see your old man back in action."

"Nope." I said popping the p. My phone dinged and I picked it up looking at a vidoe I had gotten tagged in on instagram. I turned the phone sideways and looked at the video. Miguel was beating up kyler and his friends. "Oh no he did not." I said throwing the magazine on the table and jumping up.