Chapter Ten

"Okay." I huffed out of breath as I slowly made my way to the floor, "I'm done for the day." I laid down with my arms out,  exhausted as my dad stood over me, arms crossed with an unamused look on his face. I coughed into my arm and weezed lightly.

"I made you run 3 laps around the dojo and this is what happened?" Dad asked staring down at me disappointed, "your not that out of shape are you?"

I shook my head and eventually caught my breath somewhat. "Sorry." I mumbled out as I pushed my self off the floor.

"I think we're done for today." My dad siad patting my shoulder, "go get dressed and we'll go get dinner."

I smiled and grabbed my bag from the corner of the room and walked back to the locker room to get changed.

"Sensei please don't kick me out." I heard as I was slipping my shirt over my head. I shoved my gi into my bag and walked out of the room to find Eli shoved up against the wall by my dad.

"Oh my gosh dad. Stop." I said jogging toward and pulling my dad off of Eli.

"You said I could beat him up." Dad said making me groan. "Sarcasm. You really need to learn sarcasm."

I turned to Eli and raised my eyebrows at him, "what are you doing here? Was my talk with you yesterday not clear enough?"

"I just want to talk sage. Please." He begged.

"Beg all you want kid she's still moving away." My dad said to Eli making Eli's face grown almost angry.

"What the fuck do you mean moving away?" He yelled more at me than my dad. I winced lightly and closed me eyes knowing I never told any of my friends yet.

"Don't you dare yell at her." My dad yelled at him shoving his finger into hawks chest.

"Dad. It's okay. Go to the car I'll be there in a second." I said gritting my teeth lightly.

Dad glared at hawk one more timing before slowly walking out of the dojo.

"Listen what we're not going to have you do is yell at me." I said first off, "and yes hawk I am moving. I was going to tell you when the time is Right but it looks like that's now."

"That's unbelievable. Your just going to leave me? Demetri? Miguel? Your dad?" He said angrily.

I nodded making hawk scoff, "your unbelievable you know that? Right when I realize I fucking love you, you leave."

My face fell at those words. He always says those words when we're fighting.

"I think it's time for you to leave." I said in a low voice. He huffed again and grabbed his bag off the ground and stormed out of the dojo.

I sighed and grabbed my own bag and leaned up against the wall, eyes closed. This was my life.

"If your not going to eat your pasta, tell the waiter there was a hair in it so I can't get my money back." Dad said as he took a bite of his own food.

I twirled the fork around in it staring at it. My long lasting bad mood had continued to affect now even my appetite.

I sighed and plucked a hair from the back of my head before dropping it onto my pasta. "Here." I said pushing it to my dad from across the table.