Chapter 30

FYA - Remember

Hearing that word from her, "anak" it really hits something inside me. She treats her as her own daughter.. I don't know how I should take that. The way how that Tina looked at my mother resembles how a child worries for their parents. And thinking if Mama was awake at that time, would she rather accept her concern and worries than mine? Would she choose someone else over me again?

I actually just stayed in the hospital's cafeteria after that confrontation with the Burtons. Magulo lahat ng mga nasa isip ko. It's messing me so badly. May mga nasagot man sa mga tanong ko noon, pakiramdam ko dumagdag din naman ito matapos nang naging paliwanag no'ng Niño na iyon sa nangyari. I'm also concerned with the situation of Tita Nevaeh and Tito Russel having around that business partner of theirs where they trusted so well, but ended up getting betrayed.

Tumayo naman ako mula sa aking inuupan. Hay. Putanginang buhay. I might as well just go back at Mama's room. Sana nga lang ay umalis na muna ang dalawang magkapatid doon.

As I was heading towards her room, I received a message from Tito Rhys. Curious to what it was I check to see what it was about.

Tito Rhys:

Afia, tell Rio that I am contacting him, hindi niya sinasagot ang tawag ko.

My brows furrowed. Tito Rhys wouldn't message me like this if it wasn't important. Normally, he would just wait for his son to call him back if he doesn't answer his call. Is there an emergency? But Tito Rhys would've tell me if there was.

Despite of my confusion, nag reply na lamang ako kay Tito Rhys at sasabihan na lamang si Rio ngayong nandito na ako sa harap ng pinto ng kwarto ni Mama. There, I slowly opened the doorknob wherein I was unable to take a step forward inside the room.

She was already awake, I'm glad about that. She already has this bright smile plastered on her lips as she was talking to Tina and her brother. Nandoon pa rin ang Griyego pero tahimik lamang silang nakatingin at paminsan-minsan ay nag-uusap. My situation on the other hand, I couldn't have the courage to enter and ruin their moment, especially seeing that smile on her face that she couldn't even give to me. Masaya siya, masaya siya sa kanilang dalawa, kung papasok siguro ako rito ay baka masira ko lamang ang kung anong moment nila.

And with that, I just gently closed the door and turned my back away from her room.

I found myself sitting on a curb stops here at the parking lot with a soda can on my right hand. If only the cafeteria allows liquor, I would have bought one instead. But this soda will do, maybe if I chugged this in a few gulps, I could also drown my other pain.

"Drink this instead." Napahinto ako sa pag-iinom ko nang marinig ko ang boses niya.

He sat a few inches away from me as he was handing down a cold canned beer in front of me. Despite of being confused why he was here and how he found out where I was, I just took the beer from him and drank it. Shit. Mas okay nga ito kaysa roon sa soda na nainom ko.

"Why are you here?" I asked him, looking in front.

"Why are you here?" He asked the same question as I am that made me glanced at him.

I rolled my eyes at him when he was already looking at me. "I asked first, Asa."

He sighed. "I saw you at the door. Hindi ka tumuloy kaya umalis din ako at naghanap ako nang malapit na tindahan kasi alam kong kakailanganin mo 'yan." He pointed at the beer he gave me.