Chapter 25

FYA - Knew

I told them everything from the very start until what we have been informed by Detective Roque. It was hard for me to recall and tell them  about what happened. It's like cutting the wound over and over again even if it wasn't at the state of healing. Tito Yano's expression looked calm as I told them about it, but I could clearly see the surprised in his eyes.

"I understand why you didn't tell us about Abigail, but I just couldn't accept the fact that this happened to her without us even helping her. I couldn't imagined what would have been Treves' reaction towards this, " Tito Yano said as he was shaking his head in dismay.

"I-I'm sorry, Tito." That was all I could say.

Tito sighed. "And now, Asa's missing. I hope this time, you will let us help you find your son and the culprit behind Nevaeh's suppposed kidnap and Abigail's..." he didn't continue what he was saying after mentioning Mama and just shook his head.

Tito Russel nodded his head as Tita Nevaeh just sighs. I can't help but somehow think if it was my fault for things to be ending up like this. Kung sinabi ko ba kay Tita Nevaeh na okay lang kahit banggitin niya kina Tito at Tita ang nangyari ay magiging ganito ba kahihitnan ng lahat? I mean, I just didn't really want anyone fussing over my mother's case. I believed that it was okay that only a limited amount of people who know about our situation. But now that things happened like this, I can't help but wonder if things would end up differently if they knew about this.

"I suddenly felt guilty for low-key speculated that she is Asa's sister, even if she wasn't. If only we have known sooner, right, Mordi?" I heard Hyal talking to his cousin.

"I actually kinda knew.." Mordi said straightforwardly.

The room felt silent upon hearing those words from Mordi. We all simultaneously looked at him, unbelievably staring. He was sitting right next to Rio as he looks so unbothered and said those words casually to his cousin. Did I hear him correctly, or were my ears playing with me?

"W-What?" Hyal blinked twice.

Mordi sighed. "I was already aware that we already know each other from the beginning, except for what happened to Tita Abigail."

"G-Grabe!" Hyal was almost lost for words. "You barely talk, but if you do, you always surprised us!" He hissed.

I looked at Mordi and my brows furrowed. It's true. Mordi's the type of person you would barely hear a single letter coming out from his mouth. If he will talk, only if he was questioned. He's a man of few words. I even almost forgot that he was still inside this room because this was the first time he spoke after all the arguments and all here. Then, he would just suddenly drop a bomb that he already knew that I'm a family friend of theirs! Like, what the hell?!

"He's the complete opposite of his Father. Mordi's the first one to know things, while his Father..." nailing na komento ni Tito Yano. "Baka alam na nang buong siyudad ang nangyari, habang siya ay mukhang tanga pa rin na walang alam," pagpapatuloy niya.

"But even so, why didn't you bother telling us about this?" Hindi makapaniwalang sinabi ni Hyal.

Mordi's forehead crease. "You didn't ask."

Halos mapanganga naman si Hyal at si Sol naman ay nailing-iling. Sandaling nagawi ang tingin ni Mordi sa akin, pero agad din iniwas na parang nahiya.

"And I wasn't aware that you were digging stuff like this. I was oblivious with what you were doing," Mordi added.

Now that everything has been said, I'm hoping that there isn't another bomb that is waiting to be drop again. It wasn't easy for me to tell what happened to Mama, but maybe this was somehow better, so I could be free from all the grieving and sorrow that I was feeling.