Chapter 22

FYA - Friends

"That's the last one!" Sol said after putting our bags inside the SUV.

We are now heading home after our two days stay here in acuaverde. The remaining hours that we stayed here was that we continued swimming that almost all of us got tanned because of the sun, well except for Sol who just got red. They also convinced me upon trying the watersports here and it was kinda fun. Until our time was over and it was time to go back in Manila.

I was currently going inside to take a seat since Rio, Mordi and Sol were fixing the bags and I have nothing more to do to help them, but I was only stepping my foot inside when a hand suddenly pulled me from the backseat of the car. I was startled for a bit as I heard the closing of the door at the back. Inayos ko naman ang sarili ko bago ko siya masamang tinignan.

"Gago ka muntik na akong masubsob," I said as I was about to sit in front of us when he immediately placed back the seat that was folded so I would have no choice but to sit next to him at the back.

"Hoy, anong ingay at gulo sa likod yan? Bawal mag milagro rito." Dinig kong sinabi ni Hyal mula sa driver seat.

I ignored him and as we all settled, we drove back to Manila. And just like the first ride coming to Batangas, Hyal blasted a song from the stereo and almost used the steering wheel as his beat box. Mordi, on the other hand, that was next to him was watching something. Hindi ko alam kung ano iyon dahil nasa pinakalikuran ako nakaupo. The two that was in front of us, as usual, reading.

I just shook my head and took my earphones to just listen to my own peaceful song. And it did made me calm as I was watching outside the window while cars were passing by us. Then, slowly, I felt something on my hand that made me glanced at it. And as I saw what it was, my brow immediately raised.

He was looking outside the window as well, but as he felt my stares, he slowly looked back at me and gave me an innocent look. I slightly raise my hand that he was holding. He looked at it with a shocked expression like he didn't know that he was holding my hand. Sinamaan ko naman siya ng tingin at nagkunwaring tatanggalin ko ito nang bigla na lang niya itong pinagsalikop para hindi ko matanggal ang kunwaring balak kong gawin.

Napailing-iling na lamang ako at binalik ang tingin sa labas ng bintana at saka hinayaan ang kamay naming magkahawak.

After our scene at the shore, I feel like something between us changed. I wasn't sure if it was for the better or not. Matapos din nang naging usapan namin sa dalampasigan ay medyo bumalik na siya sa sarili niya. Though, there were still moments that he would be just quiet and had some deep thoughts in his mind. Ang pakikitungo ko naman sa kanya ay gano'n pa rin naman. Binabara ko pa rin siya, but I wasn't that harsh... only a little, though.

I knew after confessing me those words, it gave me a lot of thoughts. It was actually a peaceful and chaotic sleepless night that I experienced last night. My heart was beating too fast and it felt so suffocating. I know at some way, I also like him. But I wasn't really sure if it was the same as what he is feeling towards me. And I know I shouldn't be having those kinds of feelings in the middle of searching for Mama. I shouldn't even afford to be wasting time investing in those feelings, but it seems like he has his ways for me to bend some of my perceptions.

It didn't took long and we finally arrived here in Manila. We had a few stop overs in the middle of the road if Hyal suddenly wants to eat and do something, so instead of arriving for about two hours, we ended up three and half hours to get here.

"Well, I'm beat," Rio said after throwing himself on the sofa.

I was carrying my bag when I saw him opening the cover from the coffee table and took a book for him to read.