Chapter 15

FYA - Ties

I saw how flabbergasted he is and at the same time, confused with the anger he is seeing in me as I asked him about my mother.

I was tightly clenching my fist, trying to suppress my anger from landing my fist to his face. Madaming tanong ang pumapasok sa isip ko, marami akong gustong sabihin sa tao na ito, pero mas inuna kong alamin kung nasaan ang Mama ko.

"I'm asking you... where is my mother?!" I asked once again as my whole body was trembling with rage.

Napaawang ang kanyang bibig, tila naguguluhan sa tanong ko. "Pasensya na po baka nagkamali kayo ng–"

I was about to grab his collar, not minding if there were people surrounding us, when I felt a hand held mine and forced me to face whomever it was.

"What do you think you're doing, Afia?" He coldly said as he tightened his grip.

I didn't answer him, instead I glanced back at the person related to the reason why my mother was missing. Pero sa paglingon kong iyon ay nagulat na lamang ako dahil wala na siya sa kinatatayuan niya. Naramdaman ko rin ang paghila sa akin ni Asa sa kung saan man habang ako ay pilit hinahanap ang taong iyon. I tried to loose his grip on me as I saw the man reaching the exit door from this function hall.

I felt like I lost all hope once again when he throughly got out from my sight. All I could feel were frustration, anger, pain and disappointment because of the chance that I can finally find the answers to where my mother is. But it all vanished when this guy suddenly showed up and pulled me out of the function hall and brought me somewhere far from the people.

"What do you want?" I said in a low voice as my eyes were looking down.

I heard him hissed and was about to say something when I burst out my anger that I was suppressing.

"What the fuck do you want now, Asa?!"

Nakita ko ang sandaling pagkagulat sa kanyang mukha at mabilis ding pagpalit ng malamig na ekspresyon.

"What were you doing back there? Who were you following?" He coldly said as he looked straight at me.

I scoffed. "You.. you dragged me out here just to fucking ask that? That was none of your business, Asa!" I said in full disbelief.

I can't believe this guy. I can't understand him. Dinala niya ako rito para saan? To ask me that? To satisfy his curiosity? And because of it, I lost the chance on finding my mother. And it's all because of him!

Nagdilim ang kanyang mukha pero nakuha pa rin naman niyang ngumisi. "I think you're forgetting the part that you owe me something, Afia. That you're here still paying it to me, and that's by sticking with me to lessen half of the payment."

I pressed my lips into a thin line before smirking and nodding my head a few times. "Okay," I said and took something out my clutch.

Nang makuha ko naman ang binigay ni Rio sa akin kanina ay mabilis kong isinaboy ang 20k sa kanyang mukha kung saan gulat na gulat siya sa aking ginawa.

"And now, I don't," malamig kong sinabi kung saan hindi pa rin siya nakabawi. "So, do me a favor and stop meddling with me now. I hope this cuts our ties."

I didn't gave him a chance to speak as I have already turned my back on him already. I tried my best to find the guy, hoping that I could still catch him. Even if my heart was constricting with pain and my eyes were already pouring tears, I kept on searching. Kung hindi sana ako hinila ni Asa paalis, alam ko na sana kung nasaan si Mama, malalaman ko na ang mga tanong sa isip ko. If only he just stop himself from minding my business, I could finally find my mother.