Chapter 31

FYA - Reunited

I was fidgeting inside the van as we were heading near the condominium. Nang mag land ang eroplanong sinasakyan namin ay doble na ang kaba ko, pero ngayong malapit na kami sa condo ay pakiramdam ko naman ay sasabog na ang dibdib ko.

"Ouch! Putaragis, Asa, nasagi mo ang braso kong binugbog ni Afia!" Rio was complaining and whining at the same time.

I gave him a death glare which made him stop.

Sobrang galing naman kasi nitong pinsan ko. Tito Rhys already told him the night before Mama got discharged out of the hospital that he and Papa will come at his condo unit. Kaya pala t-in-ext ako ni Tito Rhys para sabihan ang kanyang anak ang kanilang pagdating. And that motherfucking cousin of mine did not even bother telling me! His reason was that he was so overwhelmed with seeing me and mother reunited, and bonding with the others that he forgot to tell me about it.

"Don't worry, everything will be okay now," Mama said as she held my hands, stopping me from fidgeting.

Hindi ko naman maiwasan ang mapangiti at mawala ang konting kaba na nararamdaman.

"Here we are," Sol announced who was at the passenger seat.

I took a deep breath as I opened the door while the others got out, as well. And as soon as I hit the ground, my heart started to beat fast. I'm scared of what Papa's reaction will be once he sees Mama—though, I know that he'll be beyond happy of it, but I don't know what he'll feel once he finds out that Mama lost her memories. And not only that, I'm also afraid that Mama might collapse again, like when she first saw me at the guesthouse.

"Relax, Afia. Your family will finally be reunited, again. You should smile with that." I heard Sol said as he noticed my worried expression.

I nodded at him. Then, Rio tapped my shoulders, signaling me that they were finished taking our things from the van and we're about to head inside.

"Thank you, boys, so much for taking care of Afia while I was away. Maraming salamat din sa pakikisama," Mama said genuinely as she smiled at them.

Ngumiti naman ang mga ito at humalakhak naman si Hyal. "Paano iyong nagpaiyak naman sa kanya, Tita?"

Unintentionally, my eyes diverted at Asa who was giving Hyal the deadliest glare of all time. Nang madapo ang mga mata niya kay Mama ay naging maamong tupa naman ito.

"I don't know. E, 'di papaiyakin ko rin siya. Doble o triple pa." Mama's smiled turned into an evil grin, while Asa gulped twice with her threat.

Napailing-iling na lamang ako sa kanya at matapos ang huling paalam niya ay nilapitan naman niya si Rio. Muli sana akong magpapaalam sa kanila pero hindi ko natuloy nang unahan ako ni Asa sa pagsasalita.

"I-I want to come with you," he said and went in front of me. "But I know you need your time alone with your family and I still needed to fix the mess I created with mine," he continued.

"So?" I arched a brow.

He took a deep breath and stared straight into my eyes. "So, until then, can you still wait for me?"

Sandaling nagulat ako sa kanyang sinabi pero agad din naman akong nakabawi. "You heard what Mama said, she'll double or triple the times you made me cry. That means you'll face a very difficult situation with them, but also to me." I smirked.

He smiled. "I already surpassed what I thought was forbidden, so this time, I would make sure that the both of us will finally be allowed together."