Chapter 32

FYA - Goodbye

The following days after reuniting with my family, we faced another trial in life—I mean literally. My family and the Guanzons made a decision to whom will take full actions about the case of the kidnapping since both of our families had been caught off by the greed of Richo Wellington.

I don't want to elaborate that motherfucker's reason for exploiting that scheme. Because in the end, the only thing that I would only see behind his unreasonable side was his greed and selfishness.

We weren't really caught off in a tangle situation since we already have the upper hand on this case. With my mother's testimony, Detective Roque's help, and one of the known lawyers that Tito Rhys recommended to us, plus Niño Borton's confession, we finally placed him behind bars. It wasn't hard, but it was easy, as well. That son of a bitch was still putting up with a fight despite of all the evidences and proof in front of him.

"Honestly, Niño's a nice man. Desperation just made him do a misdeed as his last resort to cure his sister. His wrong, but I can't really judge him." Napatingin ako kay Niño kung saan nakaposas na rin ang kanyang mga kamay at inilalabas na mula sa korte.

"Why? Because you're a lawyer?" Pagsingit ni Rio sa sinabi ng kanyang Ama at saka tumawa.

Tinaasan siya ng kilay ni Tito. "I'm really hoping when the time comes that you'll prosecute someone, you would not make an inside joke like this. Dahil kung ako talaga ang judge ay idi-dismiss ko kaagad ang charges mo."

"I won't, Megalodon," natatawang saad ng aking pinsan.

I sighed. "I'm just glad that this is finally over and we could all go back home now."

Rio then placed his arm on my shoulders. "What do you mean over? We still can't come back home yet, remember?" He grinned that made me roll my eyes.

Fuck. I forgot about that.

And so, after all the troubles and worries we encountered, we finally ended up here. Here in front of the very large house of the Guanzons. Tito Russel told us to come here after everything about the case. I was a bit hesitant, at first, going here. I mean after dropping us off in front of the condominium, I never gotten any communication from Asa. Except for the part where he went at the court, but we never never really spoke. I often caught him looking at me, but I was too focused on the case, so I didn't give much attention to him.

And now, here I am together with my whole family as we entered at their large gate. They had a huge parking space in their front that can accommodate many vehicles for the guests. And as we got out of the car, we were welcomed with their front yard that has lush green lawns and with so many different kinds of flowers that goes perfectly well on the concrete tile for the pathway that we are currently walking on. I also noticed that there are decorative outdoor lighting that would make a captivating landscape at night.

I stopped on my tracks when I finally get to be face-to-face with their exquisite modern house. The house design shows off the floor to ceiling, high glass windows and doors for a elegant, opulent and contemporary look.

As one of the housekeepers opened the door for us, a warm and enchanting glow illuminates the whole home interior giving it a mesmerizing and captivating feels. Sa tagal ko nang hindi nakapunta ng Manila at makabisita sa kanila ay hindi ko rin alam kung may mga naging pagbabago ba sa tahanan nila. Kung meron man, malamang ay nakalimutan ko na ang itsura nito. I couldn't say more or less and compare things from the past and now since I don't have a clue if they remained their home like this or their were changes. Well, overall, both the interior and exterior of the Guanzons' house screams an absolute aesthetic concept.