Chapter 26

FYA - Tired

I slowly brushed the tip of my hair as I looked at myself in the mirror. When I felt satisfied with my hair, I stood up and slightly fix my black bodycon strap dress that has a v neckline in front that isn't too revealing. Then, I took one of my beret hats and put it on my head slightly tilted to the side. My peep toe heels made some noise as I walked out of my room.

"Paakyat na raw si Hyal," Rio said who was on the sofa highlighting something on his book before glancing at me.

I slightly nodded my head. "You're not gonna stop me?" I asked.

Kumunot naman ang noo niya sa akin bago binaba ang kanyang highlighter. His legs were crossed a while ago as his book was on top of his lap while highlighting; but now that he is giving me his full attention, he removed his legs from being crossed as he placed his book on the table before putting both of his forearms on each of his legs that were now parted, making his back slightly slouching because of his position. Then, I heard him sighed with his head bowed down a little before glancing at me with a serious look on his face.

"Why would I? It's not a crime to unwind yourself for a bit. You were already dealing too much on your plate, you deserve a breath of a fresh air," he said before brushing his hair using his fingers and went towards me.

I gave Hyal's invitation a thought. It wasn't really the time for me to go out in a situation like this, but I figured it wasn't really that bad to just accompany him. Maybe going out would somehow make me forget the pain in my heart, even just for a few hours.

"Thanks, Rio.." I said in a low voice which I saw him smiled to me.

"You know, sometimes, I don't know if I prefer seeing you so soft right now, but vulnerable or seeing your old self, but sassy and sarcastic all the time." He chuckled. "Nevertheless, it's still you. Whether you're a softie or a mad puppy." Agad naman napasama ang tingin ko sa kanya pero napailing na lamang din ako.

"You're such a piece of shit, you know that?" I said as I was shaking my head.

"Yeah, but you love me anyway," natutuwa niyang sinabi.

Hindi naman na ako nakasagot sa kanya nang magparamdam na ang maligno sa pinto kaya nagpaalam na ako kay Rio dahil nandito na ang aking sundo.

"Hey," he greeted with a smile on his face.

He was on a color maroon polo with the first two buttons open as his sleeves were folded, while on his bottom was a black slacks where his polo was tuck in and slightly flaunting Versace belt around it. His hair was also slightly brushed up, unlike his always messy hairdo. It actually made him look like a gentleman, but his oozing aura screams manwhore—or that's just me.

"I think for the first time in my life, it made me confused if Afia Castañares is another term for beautiful," he said that just made shook my head.

"Maling diksyonaryo lang ata binasa mo!" Komento ni Rio na sumunod pala sa likod ko.

Tumawa lamang si Hyal sa kanya at hindi nagsalita. I hope my cousin realize that he just low-key implied that I'm ugly without knowing it.

"Make sure to bring her back here. I don't care what time, Hyal, just make sure she'll be back. I'll be staying up, studying, so I would know if she steps foot in here or not, got that?" Rio reminded him before we completely left the condo.

Hyal opened the door for me at his Rolls-Royce car. I think this is my first time riding in his car. It looked clean, I was expecting that there would be left undergarments by his women or scattered condoms, but I guess I judged him too much.