Good ol' times

Ochaco's POV

My face burned whenever I see his smile. My heart skips a beat. We were second years now; we've got more hero stuff to do, more homework to complete... there's not much time to spend with Deku.

In the morning, I always settle down on the couch, and I wait for Deku to come and we'll always chat about our hero work and stuff. But I couldn't keep it in anymore; I had to. I just had to confess.

So this morning, I sat in the usual spot, grabbed a cup of black tea, and waited for him like a puppy waiting for its owner to return home. " Aye, Uraraka!" He waved at me, I waved back. He got some bread and sat opposite me. "Uhh.. so.. I've got something to discuss with you.. How do I put it.. I love you." He looked at me with surprise clearly etched on his face. He looked down.. "Sorry..." was the word that he mumbled out to me.

"Oh..." I turned around and went back to my dorm. "I left something in my dorm," was my only excuse.

The next day

Still Ochaco's POV

During class, I felt an itch down my throat. It tickled. Then I started coughing. I saw something on my hand. "What's this?" I thought. A blue petal was sitting on my left hand. "Pretty.. wiat whattt!!! I just coughed up a petal!!" I dared not tell anyone.

I've caught the Hanahaki disease. Hanaki disease for short. "Shit.." I cursed at myself. "You shouldn't have confessed! First of all, you were humiliated; second, you've caught this deadly-as-fuck disease that probably wouldn't be easy to get rid of!!" I grumbled and dragged my bag back to the dorms.

"Wassup, Kirby?" Mina joked. I gave a weak smile. "Just tired I guess. Man, floorball for PE was tiring!" "Ahahah, I know. I'm going for a coffee break." "Alright, go ahead."

I curled myself up into a ball on my bed. I've got so many problems right now. I'm emotionally broken, my days are numbered, I'm in a debt, there's gonna be exams soon.. GAH!! I don't want to talk about it. I'm messed up. I need to plan my life. And here I am, broke, depressed, stressed and scared. It's an emotional rollercoaster; if I hadn't confessed, that'll be two things off my list.

(Finally) Deku's POV

Uraraka has been really down lately. I hope I didn't hurt her feelings too much. Of course I did.. I can't properly reject a girl.. I'm the worst..

She's been up with a cough these few days. She doesn't let me see her; she just sleeps in her dorm.

   I heard lots of coughing noises inside, so I knew she was awake. I knocked on the door, she said, "Come in," I stepped in, seeing Uraraka looking pale. "Are you feeling any better?" I asked her. She said she didn't want to talk about it. I gave her a glass of water, she took a sip and went back to bed. "Thanks," was all she said. She went back to sleep again.

   I couldn't really talk to her like the good old times.. how I wished I didn't reject her like that.. I'll have to put myself in her shoes...

   So, if I get rejected, even really kindly, I'll probably still be upset. That's what she feels, I guess. Boys can't understand ladies' feelings. I feel kinda bad and real guilty. If I accepted that, it would be a fake relationship though.. I really didn't want dating to get in the way of hero work so..

   GAHHHH!!! I pulled my hair. I MESSED UP. A LOT. I WANT A BREAK. THIS IS TIRING. I stared at the floor, dumbfounded. I was braindead like Kaminari for the rest of the week.

Ochaco's POV

   Two days passed. I heard that Hanaki sufferers tend to live 2 to 6 weeks long.. I guess I have about 12 days left. I really want to make the most of the remaining time, so I went out with Deku and the others. I was avoiding him, but sometimes I had to cope with what I had.

   Playing with the Bakusquad is gonna be too dangerous.. and besides, they're gonna kick me out anyways...

   Another petal. The sixth one today. My condition's worsening. Gah.. I really want to run away from my problems.. but Mina says suicide isn't the best. So I kept it bottled in for the rest of my golden days.

We were taking a maths test; I didn't study. I cringed at the fact that I was worrying about something weeks away but ignoring the near problems.. I guess I'll have to manage. Well, this is just a weighted assessment, not a year end exam that's real important or something. I'm gonna try my best and ace this test!

Next day

I'm still coughing; but I haven't started spitting out blood yet. Phew. Aizawa Sensei is going to give out our test papers. Jeez, at least a pass! At least I can get a C...

I looked at my test paper.

I've got superior results.

It's the legendary grade that no student can be able to have..

9/100.

A fail.

I wonder how low I could go.

I've even got lower than Kaminari who's gotten a 32.

I'm the worst.

On top of my problems, this bad grade is going to be the last straw.

I can't take it.

I can't.

Deku's POV

I've gotten a 93. An A*. Not a perfect score, but it's still pretty sweet. "How much did you get?" I asked Uraraka. Pearls of tears ran down her face. "A nine.." she mumbled. "Ninety? That's great!" I said. "No, you won't get it..." "Did you want better marks?" "No.. I said I had a NINE."

I stared in silence. A one digit number. I haven't heard of that in ages. I covered my mouth with my hands to silent my gasp. "I'm sorry..." "Don't bother," she replied at me and forced a weak smile. "I'm always dumb at Math." I looked at her as she exited the classroom for break.

Ochaco's POV

   I'm a mess. I don't think I'm worth living anymore. I can't pass, let alone get good grades. When I went back to the dorms, I took my notebook and tore a sheet out..

WORD COUNT:
1068

Damn I did quite well for my first fanfic;
Hope y'all would read till the end 0wO
I'll try my best to update daily, but 1000+ words a day isn't easy. Regardless, I think I did not bad. :O
Yeet-

Signed off,
Shironii