Chapter 9 - Holding on to you

The second I send the text I immediately regretted it. Was I stupid? Had I completely lost my fucking mind?? I was going to meet with Jasper again, without an occasion and would let myself be temped to just...well not reject him once again?? I mean, I wasn't going to reject him for now anyway, we had agreed upon that and it made life for me a little easier, but I still wanted to hold back, because first of all I didn't know the guy and what I knew about him was that he was a asshole and secondly, I shouldn't let him get too close or else, if I still had to say goodbye to my mate, it would be almost impossible. It would have been better to keep a distance. But...I kind of fucked that up already. 

Shit! Should I just text him and cancel?? I could find an excuse, like Asher told me to be here all day and I couldn't leave or that I wanted to attend school once again, but he should know that that would be a lie, since no werewolf of a higher rank, finishes high school, since there is no need to once you have started to work in your position in the pack. My only goal in life was to be a great beta and for that I didn't need a diploma at least not one for the human world. No, Jasper would maybe know, but maybe not...Shit! Why was I doing this to myself??

"Relax kid, just go to your mate, don't cancel on him now or you'll hurt him. If you can't keep your hands to yourself just, pff I don't know, let me take over! Don't worry, no need to thank me, you could just relax and I could hang out with Jasper's wolf-" Rush started, but I cut him off at that, scoffing. "No fucking way dude, you will attack that motherfucker and mark him on the spot! I know you, stop playing around and try to actually be helpful here" I said and Rush grumbled, pouting a little, but he knew I was right. If he would meet his mate, he'd fuck the guy and then mark him, which would basically be for life and would make the rejecting even worse.

"I don't know kid, I'd say just meet the guy, but when was the last time you listened to me? If you need another opinion just ask Asher" Rush said and I really did need somebody to talk to, but..."Asher has one of the biggest events of his life in a few hours. He thinks he might lose his pack, which I honestly doubt, but nevertheless, he has his own problems right now...I can't do that to him and bother him with my High school bullshit. And I also can't talk to Cecilia, cause she might put two and two together and then hate me or my mating or she just...I can't deal with her right now, ok? Fucks sake..." I cursed. 

"Well there is still Lynton..." Rush reminded me and I guess...yeah that was true. "You don't have to tell him about Jasper, but you can still tell him your problem...he's your friend" my wolf said and I nodded. I guess he was right, there was always Lynton. He was one of my best friends, even though he had only become that a month ago, but still, the little fellow had grown on me. And I guess Lynton would tell me his actual opinion and he could probably already sense that I was a nerve wreck, since he had the ability to see the true emotions in the other. He was born with it and it was pretty awesome, but also...yeah he probably knew that I wasn't feeling so peachy. 

After our talk with Asher, Cecilia decided to make sure that the news of the meeting later would reach Asher's nosy uncle last, so it was just me and Lynton, walking to the Hall together, where we would make sure everything would go smoothly. So I guess...I guess I could ask him now. Lynton was just humming a melody, very quietly and I liked how comfortable he felt around me. He was still nervous and stuttered, but the little guy was really fun to be around and I liked that he wasn't scared of a motherfucker like myself. 

"Uhm...Lynton can I ask for your...advice or something?" I asked and the omega looked up at me, seeming very surprised. "M-Me?" he asked, still that stutter in his words, but not as much as he used to. I grinned, before I threw my arm around him, saying "Don't act all surprised man! You might just be the smartest one from our group or at least...the most normal one. So would it be ok if I asked your opinion on something?"