Chapter 15 - Watch and Learn

"You know if you keep clinging onto me like this we won't make it out of this suite and check out is in exactly thirty minutes" Jasper said with a grin in his voice and I groaned, hugging him even tighter. Yeah I was a cuddler, what else was new? I just loved waking up like this, I honestly did. Jasper chuckled as he hugged me back, stroking over my hair. But I knew he was right, we had to get up, mainly because I had to get back to the pack and tomorrow I might just show up to school again for once so I had to prepare for that.

I groaned, rolling off of him and sitting up, very reluctantly I might add. "I'm up...I'm up" I just mumbled, trying to convince myself and at that I felt Jasper hugging my neck from behind, before he pressed a kiss to my temple. "You are not, but that's fine, just pack your things and you can sleep in the car if you are that tired" he said, before he patted my shoulder and got up, walking towards the bathroom. He always made sure I was alright and that kind of made me feel bad. Because I did care for Jasper, I really did. Of course, he was my mate after all but...I just didn't want to think about the future. 

Because that future could involved us getting hurt if there would be a war and I mean, logically I knew that neither Asher nor Jasper wanted for one to happen, but as long as there wasn't peace between the packs you just couldn't know that for sure. No, I didn't want to think about the future, I just wanted to be happy that I was mated to such an annoying but also great guy who always made sure I was ok. Wasn't that my job? I don't know, but honestly when it was just the two of us, I was the happiest I had ever been. When Jasper left the bathroom, all dapper and shit, he started packing his and also some of my stuff, while I freshened up as well and got dressed. We really had to get out of here or else I would just push him on the bed again and then we would be stuck in this room for the next month or so. 

When we were ready and even had a quick breakfast that Jasper had ordered for us, it was time to leave and I really dreaded that part to be honest, because simply talking to Jasper, getting to know him and watching him listening to me and making out with him I-...yeah the past two days might have been the best ones to have ever happened to me. I'm not even exaggerating. So I finished packing as well and we stood by our elevator, waiting for it to arrive, but I just had to take the opportunity while I still could. 

I pushed Jasper against the wall next to the elevator doors, taking him by surprise, as I pressed my lips against his. It wasn't very heated, it couldn't turn into that anyway, since we really had to leave now, but with this kiss I just wanted to express my gratitude, my happiness and-..."I like you" I just said, even though I had kind of already said it in many other ways before, but seeing Jasper's face turn from that surprised look into pure happiness was so worth it. 

"I like you too...I hope you had a great time, because I really did" Jasper said and just in that moment to elevator opened it's doors before us. I pulled him with me inside the elevator, taking his hand and intertwining it with my own. Here it was still ok and I'm pretty sure the whole hotel already knew we were more than besties or shit, at least after yesterday and yeah, I didn't even give a shit. It was better that way anyway, then everybody knew not to touch my mate...because they'd lose a few many fingers if they dared. "I did too...It was better than the music festival I told everybody else I was going to" I said with a smirk on my lips and Jasper chuckled, holding my hand as well...he liked when we acted like a couple, but it was growing on me as well. 

We rode down the elevator and checked out, or at least Jasper did so, because he was still treating me to this getaway and I didn't know shit about how to behave in a place like this. Anyway, after he checked us out we brought our stuff to the car and got in, ready to head home. Jasper insisted on driving me home first, even though I was a little concerned that maybe I was keeping him from doing some important alpha stuff, but apparently I worried for nothing. He put me first and that was kind of really cute and amazing.