Chapter 17 - Rush hour

"Here, drink this. You lost a lot of liquid last night, I don't want you getting dehydrated" Jasper said as he sat down on the edge of his bed, when we had spend the night in, handing me a glass of water. True, I had cried a lot last night, I was just a really fucking emotional person, alright? Once I would start crying, it was hard to get me to stop, like...a movie could do it, a picture of a puppy or kitten, a story, a song, literally anything could do it, but that was just me. My eyes were probably red and everything from last night, but Jasper didn't complain as he had let me cry it out and he held me the whole night and let me hold him to calm down. It was really sweet I guess.

"Thanks mom" I said mockingly, cooky as ever, as I sat up, taking the glass of water out of his hand. My voice was a little raspy, but what do you expect after crying yourself to sleep? Jasper just let out a soft chuckle, as he watched me drink the water and normally I would be annoyed by him watching me like this, I wasn't a fucking helpless kid, but I knew that he just cared and wanted me to feel a little better. He looked really concerned to be honest and like it pained him to see me like this, but actually remembering everything about Cecilia and my fight...that was just worse than seeing my mate so concerned. It pained me and I just wanted to flee all of that. Actually, I was exhausted. 

"How are you feeling?" Jasper asked and I sighed, finishing my glass of water. Well I wasn't feeling good, nor was I feeling as shitty as I did last night when he had picked me up from my pack. Life just seemed too fucking complicated that a simple emotion wasn't enough to express that anymore. "Tired...I'm really fucking exhausted. I can't even think straight anymore and I kind of don't want to...but even when I sleep my mind is all over the place" I answered truthfully and Jasper looked pained by my words, as he laid a hand on my with the blanket covered knee, stroking over it. 

"I'm sorry you have to feel that way Pax...I really am. I know all of this is really difficult for you and I wish I could make it easier, but I can't. You don't have to do anything today, just stay in bed if you want to or we could try and distract you with movies or going out, we can even take a trip if it would make you feel better or do whatever you want, as long as you feel comfortable. You could also just feel sad all day, if that is what you need, I would understand. Or maybe...maybe you could let your wolf take over for the day? You could rest in your mind and not think about a thing. Just a thought" Jasper suggested, while letting his hand slip under the blanket and run over my naked leg soothingly. It wasn't suggestive, he just wanted to comfort me and actually that was nice. 

And actually, the last thing he had suggested seemed really...really nice. I mean, just letting somebody else take over for the day and letting me and my mind rest for a while, that would be great. Just not having to think, not having to feel like shit for a few hours...that would be really good right now, but another person had a saying in that. "Would you be ok with that? I know it has been a while since you took over old man" I asked Rush and for once he didn't growl in annoyance at me saying old man, like he normally would. 

"Yeah of course kid, I have no problem with that. You...you do need to rest a bit and I think you just need a break for a little while and I'm here for you, don't worry" Rush said and I felt a little relieved. "Thanks man...really" I replied and Rush just nodded. He was always there for me when I needed him the most, that was what I appreciated about him, he took his position as an inner wolf very seriously, even if it sometimes didn't seem like it. But I guess he really did only want the best for me and for once that was to just shut my brain up and fucking rest for a bit. 

"Uhm...I think the last thing you suggested could be a good thing for me. I asked Rush and he is ok with taking over, but would you be ok with that? I mean, you won't have me and my amazing and charming personality with you all day, even though I'm right here" I said to Jasper, who chuckled weakly, before he shook his head.