Truths and Tragedies

September 17 (Night Time)

Ding went the elevator bell as Rex and Pyrrha had made it to the top of the tower and stepped out of the elevator. There, they saw Professor Ozpin seated behind his desk while Rex saw Qrow just leaning up against a pillar, drinking out of his flask.

"Ah I see you both made it together in the elevator. Good. That means we won't have to wait for the other if only one of you came up here first" said Ozpin as he then pointed his hand towards the chairs, emphasizing for them to sit down as Rex and Pyrrha did as he said and sat down.

It was silent for a while as the two teammates stared at each other in question as to why there were here. It was then broken by Ozpin saying "So I see that both of your teams won the last rounds. Have your teams picked who's going to the final rounds?" as he set his elbows on his desk.

Pyrrha chuckled as well as Rex as Rex said "It should come as no surprise but they decided that I should be the one to go on. I mean, I am the best" said Rex as he put his feet up on Ozpin's desk and put his hands behind his head.

Ozpin sighed while looking down as he said "I see" but to Rex, it sounded like he didn't like that idea. Ozpin then turned to Pyrrha and asked "And what about you, Mrs. Nikos?"

She just chuckled as she said "Well I guess that I'm in the same boat as Rex. My team also decided that I should be the one to continue on, so I guess your looking at two contenders right now" said Pyrrha as she chuckled nervously.

Ozpin also began to chuckle as he said "Well, it comes as no surprise that they've chosen you to move on to the final round of the tournament. Your performance was exemplary."

"Oi" said Rex, feeling insulted.

"Uh. Thank you, Professor Ozpin, but I would never have made it this far without my teammates" said Pyrrha humbly.

Qrow just grumbled out loud and said "Personally, I think it's the other way around."

Rex just rolled his eyes as he looked back at Qrow and said "Harsh much, old man" as he finished in a tease way, which only made Qrow more angry.

Pyrrha turned around and looked towards Qrow as she said "I'm sorry, but I don't believe we've been introduced."

"Name's Qrow" said the man in his annoyed voice.

"Qrow is a trusted colleague of mine" stated Ozpin.

"And he's so stubborn and old, that the nurses can't keep him in his hospital bed at the nursing home" joked Rex, only for Qrow to pull out his sword/scythe/gun and pointed it at Rex, menacingly.

"Unless you want me to cut you into ribbons, you better knock it off" threatened Qrow but Rex just turned to a carefree way and said

"My sword's bigger than yours so I dare you to try and use it" said Rex only for Ozpin to slam his coffee mug in his desk.

"Alright that's enough you two. We need to stay focused at the task at hand" said Ozpin, trying to calm everyone down.

Qrow retracted his sword and Rex turned to face Ozpin again. Pyrrha then decided to ask, "Professor, if you don't mind me asking, why have you called the both of us here?

Ozpin kept his smile as he said "Please, take a seat" to which Pyrrha did so as he then continued saying "What is your favorite fairy tale. The both of you?

"I'm... sorry?" asked Pyrrha, to which Rex agreed with.

"Fairy tales, stories from your childhood. Surely you must remember some of them" asked Ozpin.