Infiltration part 2

(August 5)

Ruby had just been chasing Penny around Vale for a while, she didn't even know where she was going. But soon she caught up with her but soon learned about how powerful Penny was when she stopped a moving truck with her bare hands.

"Penny, I-I don't understand..." said Ruby, not understanding what is the big deal with having prosthetic arms.

"Most girls are born, but I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an Aura. I'm not real..." explained Penny as she turned her head to the side, sadly thinking that she will be rejected.

"Of course you are. You think just because you've got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me?" replied Ruby, gently taking Penny's hands into her own.

"I don't... um..." said Penny before she leans in close to Ruby's face, "You're... taking this extraordinarily well" added Penny, feeling a little confused.

"You're not like those things we saw back there. You've got a heart, and a soul; I can feel it!" said Ruby as she tapped her chest with her pointer finger.

"Ooohh... oh Ruby!" replied Penny as she forced Ruby into a hug and shook her back and forth as she added "You're the best friend anyone could have!" as she was crushing Ruby to death with how tight she is squeezing.

"I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower!" groaned Ruby.

"Oh, he's very sweet! My father's the one that built me! I'm sure you would love him!" said Penny  as she was back to her usual happy self.

"Wow. He built you all by himself?" asked Ruby as she giggled.

"Well, almost! He had some help from Mr. Ironwood" said Penny as this made Ruby surprised.

"The General?! Wait... Is that why those soldiers were after you?" asked Ruby as it now made sense.

"They like to protect me, too!"said Penny as she rubbed the back of her head.

"You're really strong! Don't you think you can protect yourself?" asked Ruby as she scoffed.

"They're not sure if I'm ready yet... One day, it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world, and test myself in the Tournament" said Penny, confusing Ruby for a moment.

"Penny, what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace!" said Ruby.

"That's not what Mr. Ironwood said" said Penny, confusedly.

Before Ruby could ask, they heard the Atlesian Human Soldiers were coming their way.

"Check down here!" said one of the Atlesian Human Soldier as they heard them running down the alleyway.

Thinking quickly, Penny grabbed Ruby by the shoulders and lifted her above her head effortlessly.

"You have to hide!" said Penny, walking towards the dumpster.

"Penny, wait! What are you doing? You don't have to go with them! I can help you!" said Ruby  before she was thrown into the trash and lifted the lid so she could still talk.

"It's okay, Ruby. They're not bad people; I just don't want to get you in trouble. Just promise me you won't tell anyone else my secret. Okay?" asked Penny seriously.

"I promise" replied Ruby as she lowered her head into the garbage as the lid was put down, but she lifted it a little to peek at the scene outside.

"There she is!" said one of the Atlas Soldier.