Challengers and Challenges

September 15

Getting ready for battle, Team JNPR got in their ready stances and stared at the enemy with fierce determination. They were facing against team BRZN from Vacou.

Seeing as who they were facing, Jaune decided to boost his teams confidence by saying "come on guys

Seeing as who they were facing, Jaune decided to boost his teams confidence by saying "come on guys. We've got this battle in the bag."

Nora agreed with him by saying "Yea. We are going to rock them.... like a hurricane."

Pyrrha threw in her two cents saying "Let's give them the best fight this side of Remnant has ever seen."

Ren brought down her argument by saying "I'm pretty sure if they ask who gave them that, it would probably be Rex and his team."

Pyrrha sighed as he knew he was probably right as Port shouted to the audience "3... 2... 1... BEGIN!"

All four members of JNPR charged at them, but only three fighters from BRNZ did the same. But the beanie-wearing May Zedong turned around and headed into the trees, cocking her weapon.

 In the center of the field, Brawnz Ni delivered a knee kick to Pyrrha's shield that sent her skidding back, right before she blocked the claws on his fists with her sword.

She jerked her sword away and made him leap back, just as the sniper jumped up into the branches of the forest with the bladed butt of her sniper rifle. Ren readied his guns to attack Nolan Porfirio, who almost got blindsided by Nora swinging her hammer at him before he ducked and attempted to hit her with his cattle prod. The sniper girl finally took aim from her spot and managed to fire off two rounds near Ren, destroying the rocks behind him.

Jaune managed to block the buzzsaw gloves of Roy Stallion with his own shield before he noticed the bullets flying and saw the glint of the gun in the leaves.

Realizing this with wide eyes, he yelled at his team to "Retreat!"

Ren glanced back at their leader as a shot hits the ground by his feet. The team began running towards the mountains. As they regrouped Pyrrha asked Jaune "What do we do?"

Jaune looked over the edge and began formulating a plan. When he finally had one, he told his team "Spread out! Try to keep moving" and the team heads out.

May got even higher in the tree and smiled from behind her scope as she saw the fight below. Brawnz and Pyrrha continued to fight each other while Nolan slowly advanced on Ren when he slid into his path. 

The prod-wielding warrior looked back at the trees and nodded to his hidden ally, who shot at Ren's feet again and made him jump around trying to dodge them. Nolan then hit Ren in his knee and caused him to fall down. 

Nora saw this and yelled "Ren!!"

Scowling, Nora took a swing at Nolan, but he moved out of the way and stabbed Nora with his weapon but Nora just lifted her head up, showing a smirk on her face. This caused Nolan some concern until he heard Port saying "Oh-ho! Looks like one of my favorite students, Nora Valkyrie, is charging up to use her Semblance!"