Chapter 14

I wake up to see Jake leaning over me, poking my chin, "Christine! Your phone has been blowing up!" I sit up and grab my phone, 3 texts from Luke, and 2 from Ashlee.

Luke: 'Hey when do you want me there??'

Luke: 'Christine? I take it you're asleep.😂'

Luke: 'Ok! Well I will be there in an hour.'

I don't read Ashlee's messages because Luke will be here in like 45 minutes, since he texted me 12 minutes ago.

Me: 'Sorry luke! Hahahha, yeah I'll be ready, see ya then:)'

I stand up and Jakes stares at me, "Gosh! I have to shower! And get ready!"

Jake says, "Wait is someone coming over?"

I shove him out of my room while saying, "Weren't you paying attention at dinner yesterday?! Cmon, it's just someone I'm tutoring." I hear Jake mocking me as I pick out an outfit, dark jeans and a navy and white baseball tee.

When I get out of the shower, I let my hair dry naturally. Then I put some mascara on and look at my reflection, not impressed. When I run downstairs, I see Luke's car pulling in the driveway, my heart beats really fast. Before I see my mom, I grab Jake's shoulder and whisper, "Do not make a fool of me or yourself, you hear me?" Jake sticks his tongue out and I gently shove his chest, making him tumble on the couch. "Mom Luke is here!"

My mom walks out of the kitchen, "Ok Hun, just a second."

*knock knock*

Luke gently hits the door twice. I casually walk over and open it, revealing Luke wearing black skinny jeans and a white Blink 182 shirt, with a smooth black jacket. He smiles wide before walking in, "Hey!" We both say at the same time. I wasn't sure if I should hug him or what, so I just awkwardly touched his arm. He returned the touch but on my shoulder.

My mom walks quickly out of the kitchen and sticks her hand out, "You must be Luke. I'm Christine's mom!" Luke shakes her hand and I catch my mom looking him up and down, she's judging him. SHE'S JUDGING HIM.

Luke glances down at me quickly and I sneak a fake smile, "Yeah, my name is Luke Hemmings! You have a really nice house Mrs. Anderson!" He says, as if he hasn't been in it before.

"Thank you, I try my best, you know I wasn't sure about the paint col-"

I interrupt, Luke does not care about her fashion choices, "Mom Luke and I really should be studying. This will be a hard test."

 My mom's finger flies up, "Eh eh, not before we eat lunch!" My mom struts to the kitchen and Luke silently laughs and I walk behind my mom.

I turn to Luke and motion for him to follow when Jake pops out of no where and shoots Luke in the neck with a nerf gun, "Oh shi-" not in front of my brother please Luke... I silently mumble. Luke rubs his neck and points at Jake, "Nice shot bud!"

Jake shrugs, "It was easy, I had such a large target." I close my eyes out of embarrassment. Luke just chuckles and Jake runs up to him, "I'm Jake Anderson. The brother of Christine? And I'm 10 years old."

Luke nods and grins, "Nice to meet you Jake. I'm Luke Hemmings, a friend of Christine's. And I'm 18!" Jake does a smirk, and Luke knuckle bumps him.

"Luke do you like lasagna?" Mom says, as she sets the table.

He grins, "Yeah of course! Thanks." He was being really polite, something I know my mom will appreciate. When we sit down I sit next to Luke, mom across from me, Jake across from Luke. We dig into our food, I was really hungry, because I just kept shoving the hot lasagna in my mouth. "Wow this is great." Luke admits half way into his piece.