Chapter 23

Christine's POV

"It just works!" Ashlee explained, "His blonde hair and your dark hair, I don't know I just ship it, alright?" She went on and on as we walked in my house. I couldn't help but laugh the whole time because she was so dramatic.

"You're talking about that Luke boy aren't you?" Jake said and peeked his head out of the kitchen. "Yeah, Chris is in looovveeee with him." He said through laughter.

"Am not!!" I yelled and picked up the nearest object, thankfully a pillow, and threw it right at his face. It hit him so hard he fell down and looked at me with a grin before fake screaming.

"MOM!!" he stood up and ran towards her room.

"In the basement we go!" I quickly said and rushed to the basement door, Ashlee close behind.

Laughing all the way down, Ashlee asked me, "Christine, do you really love him?"

I could almost gag, I didn't have the slightest clue what love was, and she knew that! "Um, are you crazy?"

She looked half serious, "I'm not kidding! What if you are in love and you don't even know?"

I raised an eyebrow, "I don't know what is happening right now. Did Ashton like supply some mary jane to you or something that will skew your thoughts?" Ashlee snorted, "But no, Ashlee, I am not in love with him. I can't even say I like him like that. Just a crush. Yeah, that's it. A crush."

She yawned, not convinced, "Mhmm, okee dokee. And yes, maybe Ashton did give me some MJ, what's your point?" We both laughed hysterically. However, once we moved on to the next topic, my mind lingered on what Ashlee asked me. Of course it is completely ridiculous to think I love him. But maybe it isn't as crazy to think that their is a potential chance of loving him? Nah, still insane.

~~~~~~

"So, tell us how your first day went." My mom asked Ashlee while we ate dinner.

Before answering, Ashlee glanced at me, "It was great! She has good classes and friends." She smirked at the last part. I felt my face get instantly hot.

"Oh?" My mom challenged. I looked around, definitely not making eye contact with my mom. "I assume you're talking about Luke?" Surprised she actually remembered his name, I slightly nodded.

Ashlee grinned, "Yep, that's the one. He's a real nice guy..." I knew exactly what she meant when she said 'nice guy'.

"Chris, I think you should really try talking to more girls. So you have a variety, and so you can reassure yourself that you won't be heart broken?"

I tried to hold my tongue, "Mom, the girls so far that I have met are really preppy and jerks. And girls can break your heart and back stab soooo, I don't know what you're trying to say.." We all sat in silence for a while until Jake showed us a couple of stupid tricks he could do with carrots. I was most certainly annoyed with my mom. Ashlee told my mom what it was like back home and how bored she was. I sat in silence, I knew my mom didn't approve of Luke in general, why can't she just say it and stop trying to sugar coat everything. Ashlee kept looking at me, she gave me an apologetic look. I kind of ignored her, which was stupid but oh well, she'll understand. I hope.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, but decided to look at it once we go to my room. I don't want to offend my mother.

Luke's POV

'Something's Gotta Give' came on my Pandora station, which fit my mood perfectly. I was alone at home and relieved that Chelsea and I were over. But I still had to realize that I had problems going on at home, my dad was still gone and my mom would be really reliant on me. I sighed and unplugged my half charged phone, I'm going to text Christine.

Me: Can I call you?

I sat and waited for about 15 minutes hoping she would text me back. I decided to tell her about Chelsea. Maybe that would solve some non existent problem? But I guess I cant figure girls out anyway.

"Luke?" I heard my mom shout, she must be just getting home from work. I hop off my bed and shove my phone in my front pocket. "Oh good you're home! Honey what do you want to eat?" I looked blankly at her. Since the other night she still had tear stains on her normally smiling face.

I thought for a second, "Nah mom. What do you want to eat?" I put my hands on my hips and gave her a cheeky smile.

"Oh Luke, you stop that. Tell me if you'd rather have spaghetti or mac n' cheese." She set her stuff on the table and stretched her back.

I shook my head, "I think you want spaghetti. Mom I've got this!" She smiled gently at me, "Mom go get changed and relax, it'll be done once you're finished." She kissed my cheek and went to her room. I looked around the kitchen, thinking what to do next. Water, yeah I need to boil water. I stared at the flame under the pot. If there was any way on Earth water could burn, I'd be the idiot who'd do it.

Right when the spaghetti was done, my mom walked in the kitchen, "My boy," she said proudly and sat down at the counter.

"ORDER UP!" I shouted a spun around setting the bowl of a lovely meal in front of her. I neglected to check my phone because I didn't want to ruin this moment with my struggling mom.

\\\\\\\\\\\\

Sorry if this chapter felt long and boring....

BUT LUKE PLEASE MAKE ME SPAGHETTI ADJHAGDKJLGFKUG

love ya