Chapter 11 (Getting Answers)

Shawn's POV

After Nash completely avoids me, I have a chance to sort some things out. Aaliyah was right down the hall so I decide to talk to her first. Yeah but between you and Nash there wasn't enough for me! I wonder what she meant when she mentioned Nash. I find her in the office that my Dad mainly uses for work when he's rarely home, playing a computer game. I reach over and hit pause.

"Excuse me, I was playing that!" She spins around in the wheeled chair to look at me.

"Well I think you can take 5 minutes to talk to me first." I quickly respond to show her I mean business. I didn't think it would do much good. Her sass ran deep; dammit Mahogany! "You said there was no more makeup in your case for you between Nash and I." I fill her in.

"I was there." He moves her head forwards like it was obvious. There's her sass.

"Well what did you mean with Nash. What did you do to Nash." I ask her.

"Well, that's a very personal question that I think you should ask Nash about." She spins around and faces the computer screen and unpauses her game. Oh no; she's not getting out so easily. I grab the chair and spin her around myself.

"Tell me what you did to Nash." I ask slowly hoping in would have some affect.

Aaliyah let's out a big sigh. "I'm answering so I can play my game...not because you scare me." I nod and she continues. "Not long after I covered up your hickey, Nash came bursting into my room all worried and showed me his own hickey that he had. So I covered up his hickey with the same makeup I used on you. So there wasn't enough for me." Aaliyah finishes her story and it sounds legit.

"You're free to play." I let go of the chair and walk out of the office. Okay so Nash had a hickey also. That doesn't explain why he acted so weird. Everyone was drunk. It could have been anyone's hickey. Nash was over at JJ's; maybe he could give me some clues. I go upstairs and grab my key, hanging on the key ring and go out the door to JJ's house. I had to get these answers today because Carter was coming tomorrow and I don't want these questions bugging me. I knock on JJ's door and after a couple of seconds he answers the door.

"Hey Shawn." JJ says when he sees me.

"Hey JJ, can I talk to you?" I ask him and I see Jack look around the corner from the kitchen.

"I feel like I know what this is about. Sure." He stands aside and I walk through the door and down a hallway which leads to the kitchen and I see Jack sitting on the counter top in the corner. All houses were similar in the neighborhood so his layout was similar to mine. I sit on a stool next to the island and JJ comes into the kitchen.

"So I'm here to ask you about..." "Nash?" JJ asks finishing my sentence.

"Yeah." He definitely knew something. JJ looks at Jack he nods. Jack goes on about this story how he saw Nash and I kissing each others neck when we were all drunk and I wouldn't normally believe this story. But since Aaliyah told me Nash had a hickey the next morning too I started to think it was possible.

"That would explain the hickey I had the next morning." I say to myself.

"Wait but you didn't have a hickey yesterday." JJ points out.

"I had Aaliyah cover it up with makeup and she just told me that Nash had a hickey also that she covered up." I look down. Everything adds up now. "Thanks guys." I start to leave the house but I turn around before I leave. "By the way. Carter's coming over tomorrow." I leave the house and shut the door to go back to my house. I put my key in the hole and open up the door. I open the door and see Aaliyah chasing Nash around with a wooden spoon while they laugh.

"Stop hitting me!" Nash says laughing running behind the couch.

"Ahhhhhh come on I'm sure I'll get the spider this time." Aaliyah says corning him.

"But there isn't a spider." Nash laughs backing up hitting the wall.

"Yes there is. Right there." Aaliyah raises the spoon and hits Nash's arm.

"Ow! That's it come here!" Nash reaches out and grabs Aaliyah and raises her above his head like she's a dumbbell and launches her on the couch. She lands on the couch and Nash grabs the spoon and runs into the kitchen to put it back in the drawer.

"Hey Shawn. Where were you?" Nash asks once he sees me.

"Oh I was at JJ's" Nash's mouth turns into a frown ever so slightly but I noticed.

"Oh really?" Nash says turning back into the withdrawled Nash that I hate.

"And he told me something very interesting." I look over at Aaliyah and see she's listening intently, so this is how she always finds out things. "Do you mind leaving for a second?" I ask her.

"Actually I would." Aaliyah responds. I look at Nash.

"Can you please go somewhere else? It won't be for too long." Nash asks.

"UGH I guess." She turns and go upstairs probably into her room.

"Well no use avoiding the facts. Chances are we were the ones who gave each other hickey's." I speak up. Nash looks surprised. "And yes, I know you also had a hickey. I did too."

"Well that basically solves the case." Nash throws his hands in the air. "We made out when we were drunk. So what?"

"Well should we tell anyone else?" I mean JJ and Jack already basically know." I add.

"No why would tell anyone else?" Nash retorts.

"To be honest with them. I didn't try to cover it up with some other story when I went to JJ's." I tell him.

"Well I think they can assume all they want but we should keep this between us." Nash says. After a long awkward silence of just thinking Nash sits down on the couch which is where I was sitting. "There is one thing though."

"What?" I ask him slightly confused.

"People are supposedly most truthful when they are drunk, right?" Nash says.

"Right. That's what Mahogany said" I answer.

"Well then do you think that means we both wanted to kiss each other?" Nash asks. I was shocked that those words left his mouth. I think about this question. I have never thought of Nash as anymore than a best friend but looking at it now, it doesn't seem like it would be so bad.

"I don't know." I answer honestly.

"Do you think we should try? Just to see if this really is what we want?" Nash has clearly thought about this more than me.

"You mean go on a date?" I'm a little shocked but I try and stay calm for Nash's sake. Nash nods his head.

I open my mouth to answer just as a knock comes from the door.

"I'll get it!" I hear Aaliyah call from upstairs and I hear her stomp down the steps to get the door.