Chapter 30 (JJ's Gone Missing)

Mahogany's POV

"Aaliyah come here." I call to her from across the room.

"Yeah?" She comes over to where I was standing looking at my phone.

"Check this out." I show her what I was looking at on my phone. I turn my screen toward her. It's a tweet from JJ that read, "Maybe we just weren't right for each other. Maybe you'll be happier with him and I'll find someone else."

"That's weird." Aaliyah says, handing me back my phone. "Maybe it's a quote or a line from a story or something." Aaliyah shrugs.

"Uh, I'm going to go check on him. Come on." I drag her out of the room and over to Jack and JJ's room. Once I reach his room I knock on the door and wait for an answer. Jack opens the door.

"Hey Jack...where's JJ." I ask noticing his not inside the room.

"Oh he moved in with Cameron." Jack tells me, "We had a bit of a disagreement." Jack continues, knowing my next question would be why.

"What happened, what kind of a disagreement." I pry for answers. Did they break up? Did they fight? Did they get hurt?

"I think you better ask JJ." Jack slams the door in my face.

"Uhhhhh, Aaliyah why don't you go back to the room. I'll go to this one alone." Aaliyah picks up on what I'm trying to tell her and goes back to our room. I go to Cameron's room and knock on the door and JJ answers.

"Oh hey Aaliyah!" He sound very chipper.

"Uh, hey JJ. What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Oh Jack and I are taking a break."

"What! Why!" I was completely shocked by this information.

"He doesn't think he loves me anymore so we're going to see where this break takes us. Meet new people he can have Carter and I can find someone else." Tears well up in his eyes and I know he's about to break down.

"JJ you don't need act strong."

"I'm not acting but if you don't mind I really need to unpack, Bye." Just before he slammed the door in my face I saw a tear slip out of his eye.

Aaliyah's POV

I turn around after Mahogany had turned the corner. I knock on Jack's door again and he opened the door again. I force myself inside his room so he couldn't kick me out.

"What happened between you and JJ?" I instantly get straight to the point.

"Aaliyah I don't really want to talk about this right now." Jack opens the door for me expecting me to leave.

"Well that's too bad for you because I DO want to talk about it. SO TALK!" I might be being a little assertive but guess what? I NEED TO KNOW!

"When I came back from getting starbucks with Carter, 'hey I get you are in love with Carter now, so here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to let you guys get together and I'll move in with Cameron and he can move in here.' And then he left with his stuff." Jack finished his story.

"Wait so JJ broke up with you?" I ask in complete shock.

"No we didn't break up we're taking a break." Jack tells me.

"NO THIS CAN'T HAPPEN! JACK YOU NEED JJ. JOLINSKY EXSISTS JARTER DOESN'T!" I yell trying to snap some sense into him.

"Aaliyah you can't barge in here and start telling me who to be in a relationship with." Jack instantly gets defensive.

"I'm not telling you who to date. I'm saying you guys were perfect together you can't throw it away for no reason."

"I didn't throw it away; JJ did. So if you need to talk some sense into someone, talk to him." Jack opens the door and I walk out and when the door closes I walk back to my own room so Mahogany doesn't know I was snooping.