Chapter 5 (We're Getting Out Of Here)

Nash's POV

As I'm walking to catch up with Cam, I see a figure coming towards me. Cam. I run up to him and try to help him back. He's wearing different clothes: A long sleeve black t-shirt that hugged his body, (MMMMM) and black cargo shorts with black vans. I put his arm around my shoulder and started back to Shawn's. Good thing we all live on the same street because Cam is heavy; Shawn and I are the only ones who can actually carry him. We pass my house and I see in the corner of my eye a shadow standing in the window. I snap my head to it and see no one there. Now even my mind is playing tricks on me. We make it to Shawn's house and knock on the door. Shawn opens up immediately, with a toothbrush in his mouth.

"Hey guys." He says to us holding the door open.

"Cam needed to get some clothes." I say letting go to see if Cam can put some weight on his foot, he struggles but ends up getting to the couch.

"I know, we heard you." Shawn laughs and runs up the stairs, I chase after him.

"Now wait just a red hot second here Mendes, I thought everyone was awake." I laugh going after him.

"Nope" he says popping the p.

I turn around and go to change into different. I open the door and see my phone on the bed ringing. I run to pick it up.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Nash?" I hear my Mom's voice.

"What is it?" I ask a little worried.

"Nothing at all, actually I thought of something. Can you get Hayes and come meet me in the park?" She sounds a little rushed. I sit down on the bed and start talking to her.

"Uh yeah sure, where is he?" I ask.

"He's at Brian's house. Do you know where that is?" I nod and then remember she can't see me.

"Yeah. when should we come?" I ask my mom.

"Right now. As soon as you pick up your brother go to the park we always go to." She tells me.

"Okay. I'll see you soon." I hang up and then realize, I don't have a car. I change my clothes and walk out of the room.

"SHAWN!" I yell and he comes out of his room.

"You don't need to yell, I'm right here." He looks at me.

"I need you to drive me somewhere." I tell him.

"Where?" He raises his eyebrow.

"A friends of Hayes." I try to move this along quickly.

"Alright, why?" This better be his last question or else I'm just going to steal the car.

"To see my mom." I simply state and he nods his head. He runs back into his room and comes back out, his car keys in his hand, and we walk down the stairs.

"Guys, Nash and I are leaving for a little bit. Don't break anything or break your necks. Aaliyah's in charge while I'm gone." Shawn says to everyone in the living room.

"HA I'm in charge bitches!" We hear Aaliyah's voice as we are about to leave.

"And watch your language!" Shawn yells and slams the door shut.

We start walking to his Chevy Malibu. This car doesn't belong to me so I can't drive it, but I'm sure my mom won't mind Shawn tagging along. I keep giving Shawn the directions to Brian's house while I text Hayes.

Me: I'm coming to get you with Shawn.

Hayes: I know. Mom said you were.

"Hey Shawn thanks for everything." I tell him kinda out of nowhere.