Chapter 3 (Get Out Of There)

Cameron's POV

We leave Shawn's house and Jack and Jack, Nash and I go towards his house to help him get clothes. We have experience in doing this but it's still pretty scary. We see Nash's house and take our positions. Jack and Jack go to the front door and Nash and I go to the side of his house so we are under his bedroom window. Nash climbs the tree and I look around the side of the house and keep my eyes on Jack and Jack. They knock on the door and I see it swing open and tell Nash to go.

Jack's POV

We make our the way to front door and knock, and take one last look at Cam and the door swings open and we see Nash dad standing infront of us.

"What do you guys want?" He spit. He didn't know our faces but he knew our names so we had to make fake ones to tell him.

"Hi I'm Jeremy Smicks." JJ says.

"And I'm Sam Barton." I smile my best fake smile.

"We are bringing petition around to not have constructions on this street." JJ says.

"Yeah they want to widen this street and make it a 3 lane street and add a bike lane but we think we cant's spend the money and it will cause traffic for and un urgent project." I look at him and he looks at me with those black holes called eyes.

"Will where is the petition for me to sign?" Nash's dad asks with his hand outstreched.

"Uhhhhh well this is more of a heads up rather than a actual collection of signatures." I try to think of a cover.

"What do you mean?" He asks clearly thinking we weren't who we said we were.

"This way we can see who wants to sign the petition so we don't waste time going to people's houses that don't want to sign it, so a petition WILL be coming around in the near future." I tell him.

"Well then I guess we're done here aren't we?"

"I guess you could say that." JJ's says clearly starting to panic.

"Good, now get off my property before I get the pipe I'm saving for my son." The door slams shut and I look at JJ with terror; that wasn't enough time.

Nash's POV

I'm go through my window and make sure that I'm quiet because these floor are paper thin. I tip toe to my closet and grab an old backpack and unzip the first flap. I first head to my dresser and grab enough clothes for at 4 nights; I don't even care if they look good or not cause I need to get out of here quickly. I head into the bathroom in my room and take my toothbrush and shampoo and shove them deep into my backpack. My phone vibrates but I can't look at it right now. The things I need are my charger and my journal. My charger is on my bed and my journal is under my bed. I walk out of the bathroom and make my way to my bed and throw my charger in the back pack.

"Nash." I hear Cam whisper from my window and I look at window and see his head poking in gesturing for me to come.

"One second." I tell him and reach under my bed and feel the journal and take it out and look at it.

"You don't understand. He stopped talking to them. He's coming." Cam whispers to me. I stand up and walk to the open window but trip on my way there and hit the floor with a thud.

"WHAT WAS THAT!" I hear my father yell from downstairs, and soon hear his heavy footsteps running up the stairs. I throw my back pack to Cam and throw the door and run into the closet and shut it quietly. I see Cam drop down from the tree through the slits in my closet and then I see my dad holding a long metal pipe looking through my room. I clap my hand over my mouth and sit there not moving; not breathing. I see the figure move through my room and then I hear his voice.