Chapter 8 (Cover Ups)

Shawn's POV

I look at my neck and see a big, purple hickey. How did I get a hickey, I was only with my friends? A thought comes to my mind, well more of a memory.

-Flashback-

I can't keep track of how many drinks I've had. That bottle Gilinsky brought seemed never-ending. I stumble around and try to keep my balance but I fall over and hit the floor. Good thing I'm brick faced or that may have hurt. I see the blurry shape of a hand infront of me. I reach out and take it and see red strands of hair. MAHOGANY!

"You should be more careful honey bunch." Mahogany is drunk off her ass also.

"I was perfectly fine." I tell her.

"I've never noticed you're eyes before." She gets in real close and look at them.

"I have a lazy eye. Can you tell?" I put my face closer so she can get a better look. Something smashes behind me but I'm too drunk to care.

"I think I see it." She giggles. "You got pretty eyes."

"Ummmmm thanks.'' This was pretty awkward. She starts leaning in like she's about to kiss me. Oh hell to the no. I start to move backwards but I stumble and fall over. Drunk Mahogany may have forgotten I'm gay, but sure as hell haven't.

I see a blurry figure run into Mahogany but I can't tell who it is and then I pass out.

-Flashback ends-

Let's see, whoever that was could have given me this hickey. The main suspects are Nash, cause I woke up on him, and Cameron, cause he was sleeping with Mahogany. I'm not gonna think about this now. Today we celebrate my birthday...oh yeah and Nash's, but I can't go downstairs with this hickey clearly showing. I run into Aaliyah's room and jump on her bed.

"WAKE UP AALIYAH I NEED YOUR HELP!" I yell and bounce on her.

"Shawn what are you doing!" I sits up clearly startled by this.

"Sorry but I need your makeup." I don't bother giving her an explanation.

"Oh Shawn don't be so hard on yourself. I think you look adorable!" She jokes.

"That's not the reason. I need to cover up this." I point to the purple bruise displayed on my neck.

"Oh Shawn got some game yesterday!" Aaliyah cheers.

"Shut up I don't even know who gave it to me." I push her shoulder and she falls out of bed. Good thing her floor is carpeted.

"Calm down Shawn, I was only teasing. Come on." Aaliyah waves me to her bathroom across her room. She opens up a drawer and digs through a bunch of different makeups that I've never heard of.

"Found it!" She holds up a case and opens it up. "I hope this matches your skin tone. Sit down."

I sit on the floor so my neck was at eye level with her. She open the case and tells me to tilt my head up. When I do I fell a brush make contact with my neck. I instantly start laughing and Aaliyah is having a hard time getting what ever the makeup is called on me.

"Hold still." She giggles.

When she finishes I stand up and look in the mirror. Hey, it looks pretty good. You can't even tell there was something there.

"Now don't get it wet. I decided not to waste water resistant makeup on you, but if it gets wet it'll wash right off."

"Thanks Aaliyah, I owe you one." I kiss her cheek and run downstairs. I go into the living room and wake up all the sleeping beauties. The whole living room starts stirring with people waking up and I start working on breakfast. My headache has gone away after I flipped out about the covered up hickey.

"Jesus, I have a headache" Cam says coming into the kitchen holding his head.

"We're all out of medicine." I look down at the eggs I'm making. I always was good at that. I finish making some food and look for Nash but don't see him anywhere.

"Where's Nash?" I ask the room.

"Oh he went upstairs to see your sister." Jack tells me sitting down at the island next to JJ.

Aaliyah's POV

I wasn't planning on going back to sleep after Shawn woke me up, so I just changed and wen't back into my room to watch TV. E! News. Let's see the latest celebrity gossip.

"Aaliyah!" I hear from outside my door.

NASH. I open the door expecting a hug and a kiss from our new addition to the family, but instead he grabs me and looks panicked.

"What's wrong?" I ask him worried something happened to him.

"I need you to help me cover up this hickey." He lifts his head and points at his neck. He has a hickey too. Hmmmmmmm? Did he give Shawn the hickey in the first place. I run to my bed pretending like this is new and reach for the power button on the remote.

"And things are really moving fast for upcoming vine singer Shaw..." I hit the power button. Wait, vine singer Shaw. I stop in my tracks. As in Shawn Mendes.

"Aaliyah come on!" Nash waves me into my bathroom. I go in thinking it was just my imagination. The makeup is still on the counter from Shawn's hickey so this takes a lot less time to finish. Nash was a lot paler than Shawn's but it still looked better than before.

"Now don't get it wet, it'll wash off." Nash picks me up and hugs me.

"Thanks babe. I owe you one." He runs out of room and back downstairs. Oh you have no idea.

______________________

I MAY POST AGAIN LATER TONIGHT. BECAUSE I DON'T USUALLY POST THIS EARLY AND I'M STARTING TO REALLY GET INTO THIS BOOK NOW THAT I'M OUT OF A WRITERS BLOCK I'VE HAD THAT I DIDN' TELL YOU ABOUT. BUT THE PALCES THIS BOOK IS GOING MAY SHOCK SOME OF YOU OR IT MAY BE PREDICTABLE. YOU GUYS JUST HAVE TO STICK AROUND.

KEEP READING LOVE YOU <3