Chapter 15 - Getting drunk

I threw the bag of crisps on the floor as I entered the loge. The boys were no longer gathered in a ring on the floor but in one of the beds, the sofa or in a fauteuil.

"Where's Bryan?" Kian asked.

"Is everything okey?" Shane gave me a worried look.

"Yeah." I bumped down beside Kian on his bed at the same moment as Bryan walked into the room.

"There you are. We thought you got lost in the pantry." Nicky said.

Bryan sat down in the sofa next to Mark. "Nah... I met one in the staff who wanted a word with me. That's why I took a little longer."

Moments earlier

"What do you mean? Isn't this what you wanted? We can be together. You told me before the conce-"

He stopped walking away and turned around. "I know what I said. I just don't think it's fair towards you. We can't be together now. It's just like you said, not until I've announced I'm not with Kerry anymore. "

"We can keep it a secret," I begged. "We could." I reached for his hand, but he backed away.

"If the magazines find out that we're together, they won't hold back. I don't want to expose you to that."

I could see his point, but I didn't think he'd treated me in a fair way so far. "We both know you've been teasing me by flirting. So you're doing that for fun?"

"I know I'm stupid and not so thoughtful all the time-"

"Then don't tell me I'm the one of us who's not following the deal."

"I'm sorry. This is on both of us. But from now on we both know... As soon as-"

"When?" I had heard it too many times. As soon as I've split up with Kerry... It started to sound ridiculous.
"When will you announce the divorce?"

A hand ran through his hair. Probably because he had no clear answer.
"Not until the tour is over."

The tour had just started and it would be going for three months. So I was suppost to follow them on tour, walk around pretending I felt nothing for him, for three months?

"You're hopeless," I said and passed him to walk back to the others. I did not know if I handled this as an adult, but I didn't care. I was tired of all these complications which put my emotions on endurance.

Present

The night did not end. We sat up chatting a good while after midnight. And the wine did not stay untouched.
Getting drunk had been my plan, to annoy Bryan. To show him my dissatisfaction. I would probably be maddening as a drunk, and I thought he deserved it. And I should not lie. I also drank with intentions to burry my own sadness. I couldn't stand my own feelings, and I didn't want any of them to notice them either.

"Bryan said he can't imagine me wasted," I said and raised my glass. "Here you go."

Bryan seemed a little troubled by me bringing up the subject. "It didn't mean I wanted to."

I rolled my eyes and took another sip. "Here you go anyway. Are any of you single?" I really was easily affected by alcohol. I could feel Bryan's warning gaze on me.

"Kian is," Shane stated.

I leaned towards Kian who sat right next to me on the bed. I gave him a kiss whilst hearing the other lads laugh and whistle.

AN: I'm sorry that I made you wait so long for this chapter, but I hope you like it!

(Image source; Flickr.com)