Chapter 20 - Four seasons

My mum's sister picked up the four of us, me, Alex, my mum and dad, at Arlanda, the airport in Stockholm. My Swedish family lived in a red detached house with white wood in the corners and the windows.

It was May and just the middle of spring season. Something I love about Sweden is the four seasons.

The autumn is colourful with the sparkling leaves in the trees. The winter is could and white. At spring, the wind starts to feel warmer on your cheek and everything starts to grow.

When the Swedish summer is as it's best, it's just like a dream, the sun is shining and everything is bright green and blossoms.

But we should not exclude the fact that the Swedish weather sometimes decides to not follow the rules. Some summers are very rainy and some winters might be without any snow. And it's not impossible to see some snow falling during spring time.

My grand-mum always says the Swedish weather is a methafor for life. You can have a rough picture of tomorrow's weather, but you can never know exactly what the future holds. The weather might take an unexpected turn - just like your own way in life.

"Välkomna!" My aunt's husband greeted us welcome when we entered the hall. He gave us all a hug in the door opening, except Alex who had a handshake. Soon my two cousins showed up and followed their dad's example.

"Are you hungry?" My aunt walked to the kitchen, and started to do the table.

"We're starving, aren't we?" My mum looked at me and Alex.

"Yeah, I'm really hungry." Alex responded with a polite smile.

"So let's eat, guys. Take a seat."

The talk at the dinner table was mainly an intense conversation between my mum and her sister. It was like they had a list of topics they had to talk through.

After dinner the clock was already
09:12 pm and we were all assigned a room where to sleep. Me and Alex went to the guest house, which was a smaller cabin beside the main house.

I bounced down on one of the beds and started to unpack some of the things I would use for bedtime. Alex was looking out of the window.

"Isn't this a typical Swedish house?" He said before he sat down beside me. I looked up from the suite case and glanced at him. "At least the most stereotypical."

"I like it here, I feel comfortable. And your aunt's family is really nice."

I answered him with a smile and dived back into my bag. Then I felt a hand on my thigh. I looked up for a second time to look into Alex's brown eyes. His next move was a light kiss, and I didn't reject him. I thought it could be worth a try. Soon he was leaning over me while we were kissing.

After a while the face in front of me was changing shape. The hair became lighter and the eyes blue. He changed into a taller character. I didn't hesitate to pull off his shirt and pull him closer to me. His eyes looked into mine for a second, with a smile on his face - The smile I was so attracted to, because it was Bryan's.

I was trembling my hands over Bryan's back, to alway feel him. I had been missing his touch so badly. Then I heard myself say something.

"Bryan, I love you."

He stopped to kiss me and spoke in heavy breathing. "Wait, what ?" My visions were blurred out when his words were spoken with a British accent and Alex's face returned to appear in front of me. In that moment, my body was panicking inside. I couldn't utter a word. It had all just went terribly wrong.

"Who's Bryan?"

"Bryan? Did I say Bryan?" I was praying for my acting skills.

He looked at me with anxious eyes, waiting for my explanation.

"I'm sorry, wrong name just slipped out of my mouth."

He took a moment to clear his thoughts. He spoke with a releaf. "I love you too. It felt right from the start."

I had to watch my mouth to not gape. I knew no words to say. Unbelievable he believed in my lie. Was this guy serious? How could he feel so much for me when we had just met?

My relationships with boys are, by some reason, alway equal to complications.

I needed to say something. I couldn't live together with Alex for three days and fool him to believe that his love for me was responded. It was just not a fair way to treat someone. The best would probably be to admit my mistake, but I just couldn't. This was a new sort of equation for me and I didn't know how to solve it without leaving a broken heart behind.

But I did know one thing - My own heart was on it's way to break. I was clearly still longing for Bryan, I wasn't over him. My body was screaming from inside and I felt to escape. Even though I had no chance to ever be with Bryan again - to now be with another guy felt so terribly wrong.

(April 26 2015)
(Image source: markfeehily.net)