Chapter 1

Wednesday July 8th, XXXX

Jimin POV

I jolt at the sound of my annoyingly cheerful alarm on my night stand, gritting my teeth as I roll onto my left side to shut it off with a groan. It was currently 5:00am which meant that I had two hours before I needed to head out the door. Even though I wanted to stay in my comfy bed all day, I groggily get up to start my morning routine.

I always began my day with a 50 minute workout in my at-home gym beside my living room. As an officer I was expected to stay in shape, but I worked long hours so the mornings were the only time I could squeeze it in. My workout consisted of 25 minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes of jump rope, and 10 minutes of push-ups. Sometimes I would switch it up by doing planks or burpees but for the most part I was a creature of habit.

After stretching for a few minutes to loosen my muscles, I stepped on the treadmill. This was my favorite part, because I was able to look out of my condo window on the 8th floor and appreciate the Seoul sunrise. I kept up a fast pace while beads of sweat cascaded down my bare chest. The rest of my workout went by in a haze as I became preoccupied with my thoughts.

Today I was due to meet with my informant and potentially bust the drug dealers on my current case load. Anxiety washed over me as I considered how long I've been waiting for this crucial intel. I had spent hundreds if not thousands of hours on this case, so the pressure to not screw things up was high. And all of my team's hard work depended on a certain cocky gentleman by the name of, Jeon Jungkook.

Jungkook was someone I could trust though. I had worked with him on a handful of cases and his info was always legit. But...unfortunately I am always tasked with speaking to him since nobody could put up with his behavior. He had an issue with authority and he made a point of letting us know that. And by us I mean my fellow officers.

He tended to be nicer to me...for the most part.

Jungkook was only 23 years old, so he was still pretty childish and bratty but he was a good observer. The raven haired male worked at a tattoo parlor in an area where several gangs frequented, so if there was action going down...he knew about it.

Even though he frustrated me, I often found myself thinking about him at night. Worrying about his safety. I feared that someone would make him as an informant and kill him for it. Whenever I voiced my concerns to him though, he just brushed me off and told me he could handle himself. It was infuriating to care about someone who had so little regard for their own life. But I guess that comes with the job. Worrying about the safety of the public. Or so I tell myself at least... I smile bitterly at my thoughts as I head to the bathroom to shower. Once I finished drying off, I brushed my teeth and combed my hair before changing into my police uniform. I grab an apple and my keys as I rush out the door and drive to the station.

Right as I walk into the building, I catch a whiff of coffee brewing and hear phones ringing in all different directions. With hurried steps, I jog up two flights of stairs to the narcotics division. I sigh in relief as the noise from the first floor disappears. Since I am the lead detective of my squad, my desk was closest to the stairs and the Captain's office. As usual I am the first person to arrive and I immediately began working on my stack of reports. They weren't due until the end of the month, but I liked getting things taken care of ASAP. I had been working at my desk for the past 20 minutes or so when the captain walked in.

"I see you're here bright and early as always detective Park!" the taller man greeted with a dimple smile.

"Morning, Captain Kim. How's Jin hyung doing?" I replied with a head bow.

"Aww, same as always. He's busy at the hospital most evenings, but this weekend I planned a nice relaxing time for us. I'm gonna cook for him and everything." I widened my eyes and laughed nervously as I imagined Namjoon hyung attempting to cook by himself. Yup, he'll probably set the place on fire. Seeing the hesitance on my face he chuckled. "Don't worry, I'll have Yoongi hyung with me to help out!"

"Oh good! I was about to say..." I giggled as I pat his arm.

"Hey! I've gotten better," he frowned as he stomped to his office. I had to bite back a laugh as he almost knocked over a potted plant next to one of the other desks. He whipped his head around immediately after straightening the pot. "That proves nothing!" he exclaimed with pink cheeks and his right index finger waving around in the air dramatically.

"Of course not, sir," I grinned, turning my attention back to my documents once more.

A/N: Please let me know what you think of my story so far in the comments! Hopefully you all enjoyed the first chapter... I will publish the second chapter sometime tomorrow, so be on the look out! In the next chapter we will meet the infamous Jungkook. 💜💜