Chapter 15 (m)

Time Skip (20 minutes)

Jimin POV

When I arrived at my apartment, my nose smelled the delicious food Jungkook had prepared. I closed the door and set down my keys on the table before kicking off my shoes. Right as I opened my mouth to let my informant know I was back, I heard footsteps coming from the bedroom hallway. A few seconds later, Jungkook strolled into the kitchen with a smile.

"I thought I heard you come in... So, um, how did it go?"

"Very well, thankfully. I can tell you about it while we have lunch. I'm starving!"

"Alright," he chuckled as he grabbed two plates from the cabinets.

"I'm gonna change out of these before I eat though," I stated, gesturing to the SWAT uniform I was still wearing. When I moved to walk to my bedroom, Jungkook reached out and grabbed my wrist to stop me.

"Okay, but first..."

He paused with a mischievous grin as he set down the plates on the counter beside us, my eyebrow quirking as I waited for him to continue. Jungkook smirked as he bent down to give me a spontaneous but hungry, open-mouthed kiss. My eyes widened in shock before they quickly sealed shut, both of us moaning lowly. Just as I shifted to place my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss, I jerked back and hissed in pain.

"What is it?" my informant questioned, his face filled with worry.

"Nothing, I'm fine. I just shouldn't have moved my arm like that."

"Well what happened to your arm?!"

"A bullet grazed me earlier. It's only a flesh wound..." I shrugged.

"Let me see it," Jungkook demanded as he moved closer. I stepped back as I clutched my left arm defensively.

"Jungkook, you don't need to-"

"I said. Let. Me. See. It."

I clenched my jaw in irritation, but the angry look he had in his eyes right then made me think twice about arguing with him. Even though I hated being babied, I could see that he was genuinely concerned. I slowly dropped my other hand and presented my left arm to him obediently with a sigh.

His hands were slightly cold and I flinched when he grabbed me by my forearm, stepping closer. I watched as he rolled my sleeve up to get a better look at my injury, his hands gently touching around the area experimentally. The bullet had burned off a thin layer of skin about two inches long which sounded worse than it actually was.

"See? It's just a scratch..."

"You still need to disinfect it and cover the area with a bandage so it can heal properly," he remarked with a frown, his eyes glancing up at me briefly before returning to look at my shoulder.

"Alright fine," I huffed out in annoyance as I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, don't get mad at me just because I care. You have no idea how worried I am when you go out and leave me here..."

"Jungkook I-"

"And in case you haven't noticed, I cook when I get anxious!" Jungkook interrupted as he gestured to the dining area.

At his words, I shifted my gaze to the table and my eyes landed on several different dishes. I was really confused, because normally I am able to sense those kinds of things right away. Although now that I think about it, my informant also cooked the other day when I had been out working on the case.

Perhaps I was too absorbed in my work to pick up on his habit.

There were still leftovers in the fridge from that meal as well, because he had made such big portions of everything. Suddenly I felt guilty about lashing out at him when he was just trying to make sure I was okay.