Chapter 21

"This had better be good..." his father gritted. "Otherwise the next bullet will be in your skull."

Time Skip (5 minutes later)

Jimin POV

I woke up and immediately winced in pain as I felt my head pounding in my ears. My side and head were excruciatingly sore, my teeth biting my lower lip harshly to prevent any groans from escaping. I could hear voices around me, but I couldn't bring myself to open up my eyes just yet. I decided to try and listen in on what they were saying as I struggled to stay completely still.

"...t-that way we can g-get our drugs and you still get to kill detective Park," one of the men explained, his voice giving away how terrified he was.

"Hmm. That's actually not a bad idea son..." Sang-hoon muttered.

Son?! I didn't realize Pin had a son... Although there is a lot of information we don't have in his file. Pin always managed to evade the authorities and was cautious. Plus...nobody has ever been able to get any charges to stick.

"And here I thought I was going to have to kill you Sung-ho for disobeying me. Now you're starting to think like your old man!"

Wow. He was willing to kill his own son? He really is as ruthless as they say.

"Thank you, father..." the younger man replied graciously, breathing a sigh of relief. "I thought you might approve."

Unfortunately I was still knocked out when Pin's son explained his bright idea. But whatever this plan of his was, I knew that it involved them killing me at the very end.

"Perhaps if we-"

"Hey boss!"

"Damm*t, Chung! Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?!" Pin exclaimed angrily.

"I-I'm sorry, b-but you have to listen to this, sir."

I took a chance and cracked my eyes open slightly while everyone in the room was distracted. I saw Pin grit his teeth in annoyance as he marched over to the bald man with his hands balled into fists.

"What is so important that you felt the need to interrupt me?"

"I, uh, I heard this on the police radio t-three minutes ago, sir..."

Attention all units we have a 10-999. I repeat we have a 10-999! Shots have been fired at *address*. 10-77 is eight minutes.

My breath hitched as I decoded the message in my head: An officer needs help immediately, send all available units, shots have been fired at the Seoul Hospice Center, the estimated time of arrival is eight minutes.

"Well what does that mean boss?!" one of the men shrieked nervously.

"It means, they are sending every cop in the vicinity here and we've only got about five minutes before they get here..." Sang-hoon groaned.

"What should we do, boss?! They're going to catch us for sure now!"

"I can't go to prison! I have a wife and two kids..."

"Yeah, what if they-!"

"Everybody just calm down and shut up!" Pin yelled as he ran his fingers through his hair roughly.

Everyone in the room quieted down with wide eyes, turning to their leader for guidance. The older man took in a deep breath as he paced back and forth seemingly in deep thought. After a few moments, the gang leader turned to face his men before he began barking orders.