chapter 4

Jane woke up early to get ready for the Sunday service.  She hated been late to church.  She took her bath and applied a little make up before dressing up.  She wore a gown which was below the knee length, a pencil high heel shoe and a small handbag which goes with the red gown and a hat. 

Standing before the standing mirror in her corner, she knew she was ready to go.  She took her phone to call the taxi driver, Mr Thomas.  Mr Thomas was a taxi driver whom she called anytime she needed a cab to take her somewhere far from the hostel environment.  He's always at her beck and call.  This was because the young lady pays well.
But that Sunday, the network was so bad.  She has tried so many times but it was not going so she decided to walk to the bus stop.  She walked to the hostel gate and was cat - walking towards the main gate when suddenly she saw this car driving towards her.  As she moved to the side of the road closer to the gutter the car continued driving towards her she stopped and was sore afraid when the driver came out.

"Wow, even Miss world is afraid of death."  He joked as he laughed triumphantly.  Jane recognizing his voice became more angry.  She had agreed to give guys chance for friendship. And Sylvester Magnus happened to be the first guy in her, but he was an asshole.  With that kind of expensive joke, she wasn't sure anymore.

"What the hell is wrong with you?  And what for heaven's sake are you doing here this early?"  She yelled at him.

"I thought since we're in the same church, I should come take you to church.

"What church?"  She asked though calmly but angrily.   I'm sorry but it's never gonna happen."  She said.

"Please, Jane.  I'm sorry for being a jerk."  He pleaded but Jane said nothing as she started working away.  He quickly blocked her way pleading with her to join him in his car to church but Jane refused still very angry.  And when Sylvester thought all hope was gone, Jane got a call and was about to answer the call when he left to get his car.

It was her twin sister, Jessy calling.  She answered and told her everything that has happened to her that morning  she was like "if she hadn't took to her advice, that nonsense wouldn't have happened."  But Jessy was laughing herself to scorn as Jane told her stories.  And when she was done, she was waiting for her sister to advice her to do away with him but what she heard her say was contrary to what she was expecting.

"That's the fun of it!"  Jessy said excitedly.

"What?  I just told you that this guy nearly got me killed."  She said surprised.

"He wasn't planning to kill you.  He was only playing with you.  Do you prefer going out with a quiet guy who would talk or play with you only when you ask him to do so."  She asked her.

"No, but - - -

"That's cool.  He's the right guy for you.  He's hot, rich and every woman's dream you said so yourself.  Since he loves you so much, you can get money for your operation from him and get married to him."  She concluded happily.

"Married?  No way.  I'm not part of that plan."  Jane said seriously.

"Where is he now?"  Jessy asked.

"He's driving towards me."  Jane said almost whispering.

"Then wait and join him.  Try and relax he's not gonna eat you up, okay.  And don't forget to pray for me when you get to church.  Talk to you later."

"Yeah."

Sylvester packed in front of her, came out and opened the front door for her.  She reluctantly entered the car before Sylvester close the door and went over to the driver's side, opened the door and entered.