Chapter 19

The misunderstanding between her and Sylvester Magnus helped her a lot.  She had since gone to her old way of life.  She put all her interest in her work.  One can hardly believe she was on her housemanship.  She can handle any type of surgery all by herself. 

Syl, on the other hand, inspite of all her doings with women he has become an expert in surgery. 

Jane also found her relationship with her dad deepen.  She has also taken her twin sister to her dad.  And they've concluded that Jessy would remain with her adopted parents.

She has completed her one year housemanship with Sylveon Hospital.  And has left there for good.

Chief has made enquiries and was told she can be operated.  He was happy as he shared the good news with her daughter. Jane told him she was not ready yet.  She also told him her fears.  Chief understood and did not want to force her into it.

It was time for NYSC.  Jane was sent to a remote village called Abaugo to serve in the community hospital.  On the day of her departure to Abaugo, her dad gave her a car and a driver.  He instructed the driver to take her to the village and  leave the car with her.  And should take a public transport back home.  Jane refused.  She told her dad she would travel with public transport.   She made him know that travelling is an experience and she wouldn't like to lose her experience to Abaugo for any luxury.

The journey  to Abaugo was a tiring one.  It took them six hours to reach Adaugo Town.  From the park she took a bus to the entrance of the village.  Unfortunately, no bus was going inside the village.  It was 6pm then.  Not knowing what to do,  she struggled  with her box to the village.  It was an experience she has never had before.  Though, she called this to herself. 

The road to the village was so rough and was filled with gallops.  So it wasn't easy as she dragged her box.  Suddenly, a flashy car pulled in front of her.  The driver of this car came down and offered to take her to her destination.  The young man was so handsome, tall and dark in colour.  He was just her kind of man.  She thought but quickly brushed it out of her mind.  She shouldn't  think of any man after all she went through with Slverster.  Quickly, she thanked God for sending  a kind of saviour to her.  Without hesitating,  she  accepted the offer.  The young man carried the box to the booth of the car.  He opened the back door and asked her to go in  She was so tired.

"Hi."  She heard the man at the passenger's side of the front seat say.  She greeted.

"I'm Jay."   He said.  Introducing himself.   Jane said nothing.   "What's  your name pretty?"  Jane was reluctant to answer him when the guy on the steering spoke.

"Jay! Are you blind to the fact that this girl is tired?  Why not leave her alone." 

Alhough, Jane has never been  to that village, but she has paid for accommodation online for a self-contained flat.  She has the address with her.  She opened her purse and brought out a paper handed  it over to the driver.  The young man looked at the paper and handed it back to her.  He drove to the front and diverted to the right side of the road.  When he got to a building painted in blue colour with a red iron gate, he stopped.  He came down  open the door for her to come down. 

which she did.  He helped her carry the box to the compound.  Jane was greatful for his candid help and she thanked him.

"Thank you so much.  How can I repay you for this?"

"You don't  have to repay me. Welcome to our village.  I'm  sure i will see you again."  He made a u turn and left the compound.   Jane waved her hand until she left the compound.

She stood there thinking on the next step to take.  The compound  was dark except  the side where the generator was.  The generator was vibrating.  The big blub in front of the apartment was glowing with light.  It was then she remembered that the only apartment remaining in that compound was the apartment one of the youth corper who left the previous year left without his properties.  And has asked the landlord to help him sell the properties to anyone who would want to rent the apartment as he has paid one year rent for it.   She was asked to pay for one year rent which she paid.  As for the cost of the properties in that apartment, it's only the owner that can settle the price with her.