chapter 5

It was Monday morning Sylvester and Jane arrived school that morning with his car.  While he was driving towards the students car park, he saw some of his friends alighting from Kelly's vehicle.  They were four of them.  Kelly the owner of the vehicle who drove the three of them to school that morning, Dandy, Jacob who was popularly known as Jay and Daniel.  They were the same clique with Sylvester Magnus.  The bad boys in school but the only good thing about the four of them was that they never play with their studies.  They have a very good record just like Sylvester Magnus.  They were also very rich but not as the Magnus.  The four of them has their own car.  And they were inseparable until Sylvester met Jane.

The four of them were not happy with their friend Sylvester and had wanted to ask him what was going on.  Unfortunately, their effort to see him for the past days have proved abortive.  They knew that since they would be starting exams that day, the students car park was the only place they would see him before exams.

He parked the car and asked Jane to excuse him before he scurry off to meet his friends.  He has also missed them too.

"Hi guys."  He greeted.

"Is she the reason for your hiding these day?"  Dandy asked seriously.

"Did she not worth it?"  Syl retorted.

"Of course she worth it but - - - -

"Is that not princess Jane?"  Jay asked with a smile.

"I respected you guys and that was why I'm here.  But since you have decided to talk about my woman instead, I think I should leave."  Syl said angrily and left.  They tried calling him back but he ignored them.  He went back to park his car properly.  He did just that, came down and went over to open for Jane.  She came down and was waiting for syl to get his bag when those guys took over the place.  They greeted Jane politely and Dandy said to Syl.

"Hey!  You shouldn't be angry over such a small matter.  The thing is that we missed your company."  He said sincerely.

"You should have say so."  He smirked. 

They were there talking and cracking jokes when three girls, Bella, Silvia and Chelsea joined them.  Jane became uncomfortable and excused herself.

"Guys, I have to go now."  Syl said to his friends.

"Bro, how did you do it?"  The three friends whispered into Syl's ear simultaneously.

"Did what?"  He asked forming ignorant because he knew exactly what they were talking about.  His three friends has in one way or the other tried to woe  Jane in the past but she has rejected them.  They had tried with everything they have but they all failed.

"We mean, how did you get the angel?"  Jay asked

"We know that you're not an expert when it comes to gisting girls.  So tell us."  Dan quipped.

Sylvester Magnus only smiled and told them the story would be for another time. 

"I have to run now to meet up with her.  See yah."  And so he hurried away.  The guys stared at him as he left even when he has disappeared into thin air.  He saw Jane from a very far distance and doubled his pace to meet up with her. 

"I'm so sorry I - - - -

"Why?  They're your friends, right?"  Jane asked smiling.

"Yeah, but - - - -

"Hey, come on, you didn't do anything wrong."  Jane assured him.

"Thanks." 

They both walked to the hall.  The chairs were all arranged and numbered.  They went in, Jane's seat was two seat away from Syl's.   The chairs were numbered according to their matriculation numbers.  Jane took her seat and Syl sat near her.