Chapter 20

Jane woke up the next day the way she slept. Quicky, she took her wristwatch from the small stool beside the bed. It was 5 o'clock in the morning. Unbelievably, she remembered that was how she threw herself on the bed that night. Part of her leg outside the bed, part on the bed. She laid horizontally on the bed. She was hoping to wake up later to adjust herself.

"Does it mean I didn't turn myself on the bed till this morning?" She asked herself. It might be because she was so tired from the previous day's journey. She got up from the bed and stretched herself. As she strode towards the sitting room, she noticed reflections of light. She opened the curtain, it was NEPA light.

Quickly, she looked for the switch as she put the light on. It's time to check what the guy left in the room. She plugged the plasma curd to the switch, Also She connected the cable. The two appliances were working perfectly except for the fact that the subscription for the cable has expired. She saw an iron lying on the floor beside the table she tested it. It was working.

Since the electronic were working. she was happy, at least she wouldn't stress herself to buy all those things.

She looked round the room.  Everywhere was so dusty.  Then she decided  to clean up the whole house.  Inside the bathroom  were two buckets. A drum that was half filled with water, a sachet of detergent was lying on top of the kitchen cabinet.  She picked one of the buckets as she served some water in it  added some detergent powder to it.
The clearing  did not take much time.  As she was in such a hurry knowing that she wouldn't like to receive James dress like she was dressed that morning.

Leo was the formal occupant of the apartment.  He called the previous day saying he would be coming that morning.  She has to get ready to receive him, so she hurried to the bathroom.  The water was very cold, she doesn't like bathing with cold water but she has no choice.  She quickly ran the sponge over her body, pouring some water on her body to rinse the soap.  Before you could say "hel-loo" She was out of the bathroom.  She quickly got dressed.

She was looking breathtaking as usual.  She applied a little makeup on her face to supplement her beauty.  Standing before the standing mirror in her room, she looked at her image, how beautiful she was.

She has hardly finished dressing up when a soft knock came to her door. Without saying a word, she strode towards the door and unlocked it.  She was mouth agape when she saw the creature standing by the door.  Immediately, the torse in between her legs stood firm.  "What is going on?"  She muttered within her.  She looked so embarrassed.  This has never happened to her.

The guy felt the same way.  He stared at her lustfully, not saying a word.  Both stared at each other until Leo gathered the gut to say.

"Hi, he smiled

"Hello.  Jane said.  Still too embarrassed on how her body reacted.  The guy brought out his right hand.

"I am Leo, the formal.......

"Oh, Leo.  Jane shook hands with him.
You're welcome. She opened  the door wide for him to come in.  Immediately inside.

"Please, have a sit."  She sat opposite him.

"Jane, I must say you're  very beautiful.  I like you."  Leo confess.

"No!  This is not why you're here, you know that.  Let's discuss why you're here, please.  You should tell me the estimate of what you have here."  Jane insisted.  She didn't understand why her body was trying to betray her.  She still felt her torse so rigid.  All she wanted that moment was to discharge the guy.

"I have  never felt this way for any woman.  I think I'm in love with you."

"Please, Mr Leo.  You came here for a reason.  Let's settle that first."  How can she tell the young man she felt the same way.  She has made up her mind never to get involved with any man until she has sorted out herself.  Her expirencees with Sylvester taught her a great lesson.  She would go for surgery and  that she would know whether she's  to get involved  with men or not.  But for now, she would have to control herself.

"Mr Leo......

"I'm so sorry. I think you should forget paying for any of these.  They're all yours now.  He said.  But Jane disagreed with him.  She told him she was engaged to be married immediately  after her compulsory one year youth service.  It was then Leo agreed to take money for some of the properties.  He made calculations  for the plasma, the cushion, foam, and generator.  Then he asked Jane not to pay for the rest.  Jane tried to argue, but he said that was how he wanted it even before he met her.  She then thanked him and transferred the money to him.  Leo also thanked Jane and wished her success in her coming wedding.

Immediately, Leo left the house, she quickly closed the door.  She leaned at the back of the door so furious with herself.  She couldn't understand how her organ would react at the presence of a man.  She has never had such an expirencee before.  She feeled so embarrassed.  She was so deep in thought as what caused such feelings when the ringing  of her phone jolted her to reality.  She quickly rushed to her bag to see the caller.  It was her twin sister.

"Hi, sweetheart

"Hello, have you been to the camp?

"No, I haven't.  But, I'm ready to go now.

"Okay, you should go.  I will talk to you when you come back.

"Okay, talk to you then."  She picked her handhag as she scurried off.

She got to the camp late.  Registration was going on.  Students were on queue going in one after the other.  Jane joined the queue.  She has made photocopies of all her documents.  She also has about ten passport photos of herself.  Many of them who came before left the line to get all their documents photocopied.  And also to take passport.  It wasn't long before it got to her turn.  And because she has everything they need.  She did not waste time inside at all.

The NYSC orientation was not so easy for Jane.  The students  were asked to move to the barracks.  An accommodation was  provided for them.  Jane, like every other student, has a roommate.  She would wake up very early in the morning to shower.   And she would have her clothes changed in the bathroom.  Though, she has lived that kind of life before, but it wasn't it now as  she was trying to be very careful so that what happened before will not repeat itself.

Jane was active in all they do in the camp.  She made sure she came out fine in all the activities.  People came to like her a lot.  Despite her beauty and her intelligence, she was down to earth.  She never gave them room to gossip her.  She tried her best to be friendly with everyone.

The orientation lasted for three weeks.  Jane agreed it was stressful but at the same time fun filled.  Jane was one of the lucky students who got their acceptance.   She was posted to Abaugo General Hospital for her one year youth service.  She was so happy.  She chattered a taxi to Abaugo to her rented appointment.