chapter 11

It has been three days since Sylvester Magnus left her house. Jane missed him so much.  Though they have been talking on phone but that was not enough.  She needed his presence in the house but she was afraid of telling him because she knew that if Sylvester should spend up to three or four days in her house, he must find out whom she really is.  So the thought was cancelled out of her mind immediately.  In few days time she would be traveling for work and that would made her so busy to think of Syl or any man.

Recently, her manager has been making some passes at her.   Two days ago when Jane got at his office on his request, he was standing by the window looking outside like one waiting for special person to pass by. 

"Good morning sir."  Jane greeted taking a stride towards his office  table.  He couldn't respond as usual but stared the living hell out of her.  That kind of stare that makes one stark naked before a man even though she's well dressed.  Jane got confused.

Is there anything wrong with my dressing, she thought taking a second look on her dressing. 

Jane examine herself thoroughly and found nothing wrong with her dressing.  And her make up was a light one.  She's not the type that like heavy make up.  She looked up and found him still staring.

"Are you okay, Manager?"  Jane asked seriously.

"Yeah."  He smiled taking a stride towards her.  Holding her two hands he asked.  "Jane, I think it's high time you stop calling me manager.  Please, call me by my name."   He said as a matter of fact. 

"But - - -

"There's no but, please.  I know you might be surprise considering the strict way I handle my girls.  But, there's something special about you.  I am going to confess something to you today.  Whenever I see you, my heart skips, I feel - - - what I've never felt for any girl before.  I know, I  have fallen in love with you."  He finalized.

"That can't be true, you're married."  Jane snapped.

"No, I'm not."  He said calmly.  "I am a man who loves women so much that I got confused on who to settle down with.  But Jane, you're all that matters to me now.  You're my chosen bride.  Please, say yes."  He pleaded.

"You don't even know anything about me."  Jane responded.

"I am satisfied with the little I know.  And I love you so dearly." He told her.

"This is a joke, right.  This is not why you invited me here?"  She asked so confused.

"This is one of the reasons I invited you.  I am not asking you to say yes now.  Please, think about it and get back to me."  He said.

"The second reason."  Jane snapped.

"Yes, the second reason is this, there's a massage from California that they need you latest before the end of next week which is in six days time for the job.  And I thought it was a perfect timing since you're done with your exams."

"That's okay.  What you're saying is that I will be leaving the country anytime next week?"  Jane asked.

"Exactly."  The manager said handing over the contract paper to her.  She signed them and returned it back immediately.

"What about the Canada job?  Has it been shifted to someone else."  Jane asked.

"It's still waiting for you.  That work would be for next month.  Here's the contact paper.  You can travel to Canada after the job in California.  But Jane make sure you call me before going there.  They must pay us our money."  He advised.

"I know, I will take my leave now."  Jane informed him.

"Not without your money."  Jane waited until he transferred 70% of her money.  She smiled and thanked him.  "Take care and don't forget what I told you ."