Chapter 2

She was stark naked just the way she was on the day of her birth.  People surrounded her.  She was totally humiliated, people throwing abuses on her.  Some called her satanic agent, while some called her demon incarnate, daughter of Lucifer and so on. 

She was in the pool of her own sweat, crowded by angry mobs.  While some stone her, so many dragging her on every side.  She buried her face in shame calling for help but no one came.

Suddenly, she saw the crowd disappearing.  She could not understand why until she saw her.  She was her replica, her own image standing before her.  She took a closer look at her by then everyone has disappeared into thin air.  She was now all alone with this strange woman.  Without saying a word she bent down to pick her.  It was so magical as she saw herself covered with the most expensive wear she had ever seen exactly the same as the woman standing before her.

"Who are you?"  Jane summoned up courage to ask her.

"I am your replica, I am your second you.  I will never let you be humiliated."  She said.  Her words was like a morning breeze, so cool and penetrating as she whispered to her.

"I will always protect you."  She smiled as she also disappeared into thin air.  Jane was so scared as she screamed.  She opened her eyes, it was all a dream.  She looked up the adjacent wall to her bed, the wall clock hanging in that wall was saying 3am.  She was sweating profusely.  She quickly stood up and made her way to the kitchen.  She opened the refrigerator and took a bottle of cold water, she opened the can and drank from it without looking for a glass.  It did not take her time to gulp the whole content in one goal.  She was really tasty and hungry. 

Jane did not sleep again that night.  She was filled with so many thoughts.  That dream was her only dream when she was abandoned by the Thompson's.  But the dream stopped immediately she got a new home.  She wandered why she was seeing that same dream again after so many years.  She tried so hard to sleep again but sleep disappeared from her eyes.  Then she decided to make use of the opportunity by reading her book.  After all her exams are coming up on Monday.  She read all through the night from 3am to 5am before she finally fell asleep.

It was the sound of her phone that woke her up that morning.  It was her twin sister, she wanted to know whether she has left the house.

"Hello, MD are you still at home?" Jessy asked.

"Yes.  In short I just got out of bed.  It was your call that woke me up."  She concluded.

"I'm about coming out of the hostel and I will be going straight  to my school now."  Jessy said.

"I will not be leaving so soon."  Jane told her.

"Take your time darling, I will not be there till 4pm."  Jessy told her.

"Thank you so much Jess, what can I do without you?"  Jane asked.

"Everything!  Oh, you're sounding so emotional now but don't forget you're my only family.  I've got to go sweet heart,  See yah."  She said finally as she ended the call.

Jane went back to bed.  She went through all her text massages as she lay down but nothing serious.  She scrolled down until she saw the massage her manager sent her 6pm the previous day demanding to see her that day by 4pm.  He has a new job for her from California and Canada.  In as much as she had wanted so much to leave this country for at least two weeks holiday, she wouldn't be able to do that because of her forth coming exams which will be starting next week Monday.  Again, she won't be able to see him that day either.  She needed to go to the school library to study.  And she won't be leaving there till 6pm in the evening.  So, she decided to sent him a message to inform him that she won't be able to make it to his office that day and to let him know that she won't be able to accept any work till after exams.  Five minutes after she sent her massage, she got a reply from her manager that he would wait until after exams since the company want this job middle of next month.