chapter 8

The last day of exams in Itere Federal University has always been fun.  On that day many people would be expecting to get drenched before going home because that was the day friends waste water on their friends and course mate to wish them happy holiday or the day they tell their fellow graduants that the school live is over.  The palmy guys showcased their dance and while singing on that day.  Different cults also showcased their dance in a cool and peaceful way.  Students watch them till evening when everybody would finally go home.

Jane has never experienced any of these since her first year in school.  But on that day immediately she finished writing her papers she went outside.  The noise was actually coming out from the front of the auditorium so she went there to witness what was happening.  On her way she saw Tamar and one of her friend standing maybe waiting for someone.  She made to pass them but Tamar stopped her.

"Man snatcher, have you no manners at all?  Didn't you see us or you were not taught how to greet?"  She asked dragging her back.

"Get your flighty hands off me.  Or do you also want to rape me in public?". She smirked.

"What did you just say?"  She asked fuming.

"Check your WhatsApp, maybe you will understand what I mean.  You slut!"  She smirked again.

Tamar quickly opened her WhatsApp, there was a photo.  She opened it at first, she couldn't believe it but looking more closer, what she did in secret has been opened.

"H.....how did you get this?"  She asked counting her words in shame. 

"How I got this does not matter what matters is that you should know your limits.  If you in any way come near me again,  you will have this captured in front of the National news paper tomorrow morning."

"What is going on there?"  They heard a male voice from behind.  They all turned to the voice, it  was Syl.

"Please, don't let him see that."  Tamar whispered.  She ignored her and waited for syl to come.  He asked the questions again but Jane silent him with a kiss which he reciprocated immediately.  Using her corner eye to watch Tamar's reaction.  She saw nothing but shame writing all over her.  Finally she break the kiss.

"Are you okay?"  Syl asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine."  She said.

"Why didn't you wait for me?  What if that slut and her friends had attacked you?"  He asked so concerned.

"I can handle them.  So don't worry about me."  Tamar and her friend was still standing there.  Though her friend wanted them to leave but it's as if Tamar was stuck there.  Jane took Syl's hand and they left. 

Syl's friends were there dancing happily.  He went straight to meet them.  They were so happy as they greeted each other hugging as if they've never seen themselves for ages.  His four friend took him to a corner.

"What is going on?"  Kelly asked.

"We're loosing you gradually bro."  Dandy said.

"We agreed never to separate even after school, remember?"  Daniel chipped in.

"Do we say a woman has stolen our dear friend from us?"  Jay asked seriously.  Syl who has been silent as they pumped him with different questions spoke for the first time.

"You're getting everything wrong guys.  You're my main man and nobody can separate us.  Jane is the most wonderful person.  She's not against any of my friends."  He said.

"Are you sure?"  Jay asked.

"Very sure.  The thing is that my old man want me to get married immediately after graduation.  And Jane is the right person."  He told them.  It was a fact and all his friends knew about that.  They wished him well and thereafter they had a warm embrace.  He promised to take all of them out for lunch that day.