Chapter 1

Yamato's POV:

Me and Kakashi have been friends for a long time now, we've been in ANBU together, we've been on a lot of missions together and we've saved each other's lives so many times as well. As time passed I've always felt like I was getting some sort of feelings towards Kakashi senpai. For a long time, I was not able to explain what were those feelings driving me crazy whenever I was near him or even when I would see him, from far. I was getting all red and was feeling like...butterflies in my stomach. The craziest thing was that I was like this only and only around him and no one else. After a while I figured it out, I couldn't believe it but it was a fact, I...I was in love with him, deeply in love.

Nowadays sometimes I am just looking at him from far and imagine what life would've been like if only he knew, how much I want him to be mine, mine only and nobody else's, how much I want to hold hands with him, hug him, look him in those beautiful eyes and get taken away, no one knows how bad it hurts when I wake up to reality and know that he's not mine and can't do any of these things with him.

I crave to confess to him, to tell him everything but at the same time something is holding my back and this something is fear, fear of being rejected by the love of my life, it is fear of getting my heart broken and shattered into million pieces.

No...no, I can't risk this much, instead, I prefer to watch him from far away without being noticed, enjoy the moment and keep dreaming about all the stuff that we'd do together.

Today I was making my way back towards Konoha from a long mission, so tired and filthy. As I was going towards Hokage's place I turned around the corner and abruptly bumped into someone. I wasn't in my best mood today, now even my head was aching...

As I was rubbing the back of my head I yelled:

-"HEY WATCH WHERE ARE Y..."

I looked up and immediately stopped. It was him, it was Kakashi senpai. I couldn't say anything after that, couldn't even say sorry for yelling at him, I was just standing there with my eyes wide open. It was so horribly uncomfortable.

-"oh, my bad, I'm sorry"-said Kakashi while rubbing his nose.

-"oh...n-no k...Kakashi senpai"-finally I mumbled something-"It's my fault I-I.. wasn't careful enough, I just got back from a mission and I'm exhausted, that's all"-said I and smiled.

-"it's fine, but you should definitely go and take a rest, you certainly don't look very well"-Kakashi answered with his calm voice.

-"oof thank god that went well"-thought I to myself.

I smiled and looked down to avoid eye contact and that's when I noticed his perverted book laying on the ground.

-"It must've fallen out of his hands when I bumped at him"- I thought.

-" oh Kakashi senpai...your book, you dropped it" -said I and bent down to pick it up.

-"I wonder why"- said he sarcastically and chuckled-"don't worry I'll get it"-and he bent down as well.

We both grabbed the book at the same time so our palms kind of... touched each other. That's when my heart started to pump like crazy. I got all red and could feel the heat on my face, I glanced towards Kakashi, he...he was so close, so close, our faces were like 2 inches away and I could feel his warm breath.

Just one little push, one little step was enough for our lips to touch each other, but no, I couldn't let it happen, what would he think? What if he would've been disgusted by that little "accidental" kiss, I was so nervous, my body felt weird, my heart was pumping much harder than before. out of confusion and suddenly yelled out:

-"E...EXCUSE ME I...NEED TO GO."

I got up and ran as fast as possible, tears began to go down my face.

-"so close..." repeated I to myself.

Nobody's POV:

Yamato ran away from there as fast as possible everyone was staring at him for a second but shortly people got back to their business. Kakashi got up and watched Yamato run away till he was completely gone from the horizon, he stood there for a second trying to process what just happened, then he looked down to his book, closed his eyes, tilted his head, and  up opened them again:

-"*sigh*...so close."-he said quietly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

sooooooo... this is the end of the first chapter. I want to thank you in the first place for reading it, and I really hope you enjoyed it. 

2nd chapter is gonna come out soon, and if you have any advice about how this story should go or etc. please comment, thank you once again :)