Chapter 18

Sorry for the long wait  :) this is a bit long one, Enjoyy!

------------------------------------

Months went by and without even realizing it, 1 year has already passed since Yamato and Kakashi started to date.

It was a cold December, a day before the firework festival. The entire village was coated in snow and there were not many missions either.

Yamato and Kakashi moved in together, into a new bigger apartment, and were enjoying every single second of living together. Basically, every morning they would wake up together, have a small talk in bed, they would eat together, and then go to their missions, the sweetest part was that at the end of the day both of them would end up curled up in each other's arms, sometimes they would even talk about their day, share some news and then slowly drift away into the sleep. Yamato's always the one who falls asleep easily, and Kakashi always watches him sleep, smiles, and plays with Yamato's hair until he falls asleep as well.

Right now Kakashi was home alone, expecting Yamato to come back from a mission, on which he had been gone for 4 days already. Kakashi was currently sitting on the sofa, with a coffee mug in one of his hands and another under his chin, pondering about something. He wanted to give Yamato something during the festival. Only 1 day was left so he was kind of in a rush, going through every possible choice. Kakashi wanted something very special for Yamato, Something that would remind him of their love and how much they've been through this past year.

-"what can I give him? Maybe a book?...no, too simple, new clothing?...no, too casual, what about... uhhh! what am I even thinking, none of these are, as perfect as I want'em to be! I'm all out of ideas!"- Kakashi yelled in his thoughts, getting irritated at himself for not being able to come up with a great and at the same time astonishing idea, something that would leave Yamato speechless. He placed the mug down on the coffee table and rubbed his forehead.

Soon Kakashi stood up and went to the window, he and Yamato were living on the 5th floor so almost everything was visible. Kakashi started to watch the village from the top. He saw some kids playing in the snow. Naruto, Sakura, Sai, and friends walking around and laughing together. After a couple of minutes of observing people from far, Kakashi noticed Asuma and Kurenai. A warm smile appeared on his face, since a couple of months ago he Yamato and almost the entire village were at their wedding. It was very a beautiful sight to watch, they had a wedding under the open sky in the field, surrounded by Sakura trees, that were blossoming.

Kakashi watched them go into different shops, seemed like they were preparing for the festival. He also noticed that they went into the shop for little babies and later come out with some more bags in their hands, both of them looked very happy.

-"could it be?" ­– Kakashi thought –"well, I'm glad for them"- he added and smiled.

After couple more minutes of observing, just in seconds an idea popped up Kakashi's head, something he thought he'd never get in his life, something so crazy that even a slight thought about it made his heart race quick. The idea was perfect, almost flawless, but of course, the thought was followed by a lot of doubtful questions, for example:

-"but... what if....what if he's not gonna like it?" –and much more like this.

Kakashi shook his head, to clear himself from negative thoughts

-"No, no...it is indeed an excellent idea, it's just me who needs to calm down"-Kakashi thought.

*Knock knock knock*

He heard, turned around from the window, and went to get the door. Kakashi grabbed the door handle, opened it, and the second Kakashi did it, Yamato jumped right towards him. They both fell on the floor with a loud thud.